What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Treating White water mold  (Read 1557 times)

Edo

Treating White water mold
« on: January 18, 2021, 08:31:04 pm »
I have a white water mold problem. I’ve read a ton of websites on how to treat it. But I still have some questions and I’m hoping someone can clarify.
I drained the tub and wiped down the surfaces with vinegar water.
I refilled tub, changed filters (they sat in super chlorinated water for 2 days before I put them in).
I added demineralizer because I have hard water and the chlorine shock turns the water yellow/green. I added normal amount of chlorine shock and waited 30 mins.
A thick film of brown sludgy biofilm ring developed around the tub.
I wiped that off.
I got in and opened all jets, water fall, etc.
I added 4xs normal amount of chlorine shock.
I let jets and blower and everything run for 60 mins with cover 1/2 on. Then I closed the cover.
I set filter timer to run 24 hours.
I will let it run constantly for next 36 hours.
I will recheck chlorine levels tomorrow, after 15 hours to make sure still very high and add chlorine if needed.

When do I remove and replace the filters?? I’ll get brand news ones.
Can I soak the skimmer and scum bug in chlorinated water so I can reuse?
What about my cover? Do I need to clean that somehow? It looks totally fine - but is there white mold on it I can’t see?
What about the demineralizer?? Usually I have to add that multiple times and change the filter out every 24 hours at least twice after filling with fresh water - should I bother while I am super chlorinating??

Hot Tub Forum

Treating White water mold
« on: January 18, 2021, 08:31:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42