What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leaking and problematic 2015 Hot Spring Envoy NXT  (Read 2904 times)

Leaking2015HotSpringEnvoyNXT

Leaking and problematic 2015 Hot Spring Envoy NXT
« on: January 19, 2021, 02:44:47 pm »
I would like to warn anybody who that’s considered owning a Hot Spring or Caldera spa. We have a 2015 Envoy NXT with every available option. First, the salt cells required to maintain an acceptable level of sanitation wear out and fail every 2 to 3 years and cost over $1000 to replace. We have accepted this and maintained the cell on our dime twice already. Now, eight months out of warranty the tub has sprung a major leak. Watkins refuses to help in any way. Our tub is under a covered patio, has a $2k smart top and has been meticulously maintained. It has flat out failed us. Inexcusable for a $16,000 luxury item.

If you buy this line you should save and budget for an additional 20-50% for maintenance costs. This leak will likely end our ownership.

#leakinghotspring2105envoynxt

All of the following spas are foam-filled units made by Watkins, Hot Spring, and Caldera.  Plumbing repairs cost $2500-$4500 and require your tub to be brought into the dealer's service center to diagnose and repair:

Grandee, Envoy, Vanguard, Sovereign, Aria, Prodigy, Triumph, Jetsetter LX, Highlife, NXT, Watkins, Caldera, Limelight, Hot Spot, Jetsetter, Jet Setter, Prism, Pulse, Flash, ACE, Flair, Beam, Rhythm, Relay, Pace, Stride, SX, TX, purchase, lease, buy, owner, leaking, letdown, Utopia, Provence, Florence, Tahitian, Niagara, Geneva, Cantabria, Paradise, Reunion, Seychelles, Martinique, Kauai, Salina, Makena, Vacanza, Celio, Tarino, Aventine, Palatino, Marino, Vanto, Hot Springs 

If you are looking at any of these hot tubs please know fixing an in-foam leak is an absolute nightmare, and several owners have reported leaks in their spas just outside of warranty.  Many have been left unrepaired for months unresolved.  Buyer beware.

Hot Tub Forum

Leaking and problematic 2015 Hot Spring Envoy NXT
« on: January 19, 2021, 02:44:47 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Leaking and problematic 2015 Hot Spring Envoy NXT
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 11:10:21 pm »
Might want to fact check that post as a lot of what you said is not even close to being accurate. Sucks that your tub has a leak a lot of what your saying is false.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 03:13:01 am »
Happy to discuss.  What do you feel is inaccurate?

Fixing a leak in a foam filled tub is a nightmare.  I have mine torn down now.  I have to remove the bottom next and that will be a chore as it is glued on.

New salt cells cost $800-1000 installed here in Oregon.  Our dealer charges $279 for the first 30 minutes and trip charge.

If your spa fails with a leak it costs thousands to repair.  Depending on the model this can be 20-50% of the cost.  Mine was quoted at $3500 minimum.

The spas listed may not all be foam filled as I know Caldera changed to different insulators.  The earlier models were in fact foam filled as I had a Tahitian in 2012.

I would be happy to fix any inaccuracies in the post.  I would also appreciate any help on getting my leak fixed as our dealer cannot bring it in until June...

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 12:11:09 pm »
A few images of the leak...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 08:55:48 pm »
Happy to discuss.  What do you feel is inaccurate?

Fixing a leak in a foam filled tub is a nightmare.  I have mine torn down now.  I have to remove the bottom next and that will be a chore as it is glued on.

New salt cells cost $800-1000 installed here in Oregon.  Our dealer charges $279 for the first 30 minutes and trip charge.

If your spa fails with a leak it costs thousands to repair.  Depending on the model this can be 20-50% of the cost.  Mine was quoted at $3500 minimum.

The spas listed may not all be foam filled as I know Caldera changed to different insulators.  The earlier models were in fact foam filled as I had a Tahitian in 2012.

I would be happy to fix any inaccuracies in the post.  I would also appreciate any help on getting my leak fixed as our dealer cannot bring it in until June...

Dealers set there own prices for service.  If you don’t like the price of the salt cell then disconnect the salt system.  You couldn’t have had a 2012 Caldera with that type of foam because since November of 2011 all Caldera Spas have used fiber cor for insulation. Super easy to fix leaks. All limelight and hot spot Hot Springs also use fiber cor as insulation. For a leak you don’t have to use your original dealer especially if it’s outside of warranty. Have you called other hot tub repair people?  Leaks are a pia in the Highlife models but they aren’t all insulated that way and they don’t happen very often.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 09:22:54 pm »
Not a bad idea on the ACE, but we do like the water quality when the water in in the tub (not on the patio)!  I will look at setting up an ozone system as that is what i had prior to ACE.  Also, my Pulse with ACE (older system) was less prone to eating the cell.  Might be a setting in the UI I missed... I am using the same salt and chemicals from the dealer.  I also use Silk Balance, dealer recommended.

I found the hand jet was not tight at all where the leak is.  I pulled the jet face and found small traces of clear silicone.  Is this how the face is set at the factory?  Could this be the leak?  Is there a clear silicone preferred?

My Tahitian was probably a 2011, we moved in 2012 and I recall that year was around the time I bought it..  I am certain it was a foam-filled tub as I recall the mess I made digging out the lighting.  I will certainly yield this to your knowledge. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 12:09:18 am »
Do you mean the face in the tub or the jet body on the backside of tub. They are held into place with a clear silicone from inside the tub. Silicone I use is made by Dow Corning. Others work too I’m just use to that brand and I buy it from Watkins. There item number is 71525 I believe

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 02:44:49 pm »
Thank you.  I also read Boss 801 for under the water line.  I am going to see if I can find either of them local...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 02:44:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42