What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Dealers and 2021 Product  (Read 8927 times)

Sam

Re: Spa Dealers and 2021 Product
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2020, 06:55:22 pm »
Are you suggesting that the biggest and/or weathiest dealers pre-emptively placed large volumes of orders and are effectively monopolizing the supply, and dealers who placed orders when they had buyers (as in a normal year) are screwed because they're backed up behind all these mega-orders?  If so, I think it's short sighted for the manufacturers to allow that, because they're going to come out of this with a smaller dealer network.  Wouldn't it be better for them to make sure all of their dealers get some share of production based on their sales volume in prior years?

This is true in some cases.  Not all manufacturers are doing what BullfrogMN mentioned above and in these situations I think what you said is exactly what is happening.  It was a little nerve wracking to order millions of dollars of spas that weren't sold yet in such uncertain times but we saw no other choice.  So far it's proving to have been the right move.  Storage is going to be a problem in a few months though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2020, 06:55:22 pm »

Jag8

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 10:23:49 am »
Are you suggesting that the biggest and/or weathiest dealers pre-emptively placed large volumes of orders and are effectively monopolizing the supply, and dealers who placed orders when they had buyers (as in a normal year) are screwed because they're backed up behind all these mega-orders?  If so, I think it's short sighted for the manufacturers to allow that, because they're going to come out of this with a smaller dealer network.  Wouldn't it be better for them to make sure all of their dealers get some share of production based on their sales volume in prior years?

This is true in some cases.  Not all manufacturers are doing what BullfrogMN mentioned above and in these situations I think what you said is exactly what is happening.  It was a little nerve wracking to order millions of dollars of spas that weren't sold yet in such uncertain times but we saw no other choice.  So far it's proving to have been the right move.  Storage is going to be a problem in a few months though.

With 2020 coming to a close and 2021 just weeks away, I just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. Inventory is trickling in at a slow but steady rate for us, luckily. 1 major manufacturer seems to be running way behind their projections while another major manufacturer seems to be fairly ontime with their time tables. The thing that has been getting to me is that with all this uncertainty in the world - Customers are on their wit's end and by default, so is our staff.

Personally, I am utterly shocked and amazed at the demand and how much the buying and selling process had changed - so rapidly. I never thought I'd see the day hots tubs would have furniture esque production timelines or that I would be saying "you can actually make a baby faster than I can get you that specific unit". Extreme lead times given and all things considered, I feel blessed to be a part of an industry that is booming and over a year out during one of the more challenging time periods that come to mind in American history.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 06:08:15 pm »
I think some of the increase in customers is also in part due to consumers spreading a wider net hoping to find something in stock or at the very least a reasonable lead time.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 07:46:42 pm »
I think some of the increase in customers is also in part due to consumers spreading a wider net hoping to find something in stock or at the very least a reasonable lead time.

I thought the same for awhile until I started looking at lists for tubs coming in June/July. Surprised at amount that I have deposits on.

Jag8

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 01:06:32 am »

I thought the same for awhile until I started looking at lists for tubs coming in June/July. Surprised at amount that I have deposits on.
I have had customers place brand spanking new orders as recent as November. With a 55-60 week timeline? It will be interesting no doubt.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 12:20:02 pm »
frustrating year all around, anyone in the business knows all of the problems we are having at this point lol.  We have 'slots' reserved and/or tubs on order that will land throughout all of 2021 from Bullfrog, Nordic, Wellis, Aspen, and some Swim Spas and Spas from Dynasty, if demand is similar to this year I still don't think we have enough on order or the flexibility to change/modify/expedite certain product(s) which is what it is, nothing can be done about it of course so it will be a little frustrating for sure but what can ya do besides lay out a ton of cash and hope for the best :-)

Red MC

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2020, 09:55:01 am »
I am a happy customer.  My wife and I wasted the month of July going back and forth over whether to attempt to repair the rotted frame on our old tub or buy a new one.  Uncertainty about whether we could get a new hot tub here before winter definitely made it a hard decision.  I wasn't looking forward to taking delivery with a couple feet of snow on the ground and persistent sub-freezing temps.

We put in a new order at the end of July for the exact model we wanted, with an estimated build date in late Nov.  It was built during the week of Thanksgiving and was on my patio a week later.  I am so glad we didn't wait any longer than we did, because friends who went shopping at the end of summer had to a accept a model that wasn't quite what they wanted but was already in the production queue, with delivery in Feb.  They would have had to wait until late 2021 to get the one they wanted.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2020, 09:55:47 pm »
frustrating year all around, anyone in the business knows all of the problems we are having at this point lol.  We have 'slots' reserved and/or tubs on order that will land throughout all of 2021 from Bullfrog, Nordic, Wellis, Aspen, and some Swim Spas and Spas from Dynasty, if demand is similar to this year I still don't think we have enough on order or the flexibility to change/modify/expedite certain product(s) which is what it is, nothing can be done about it of course so it will be a little frustrating for sure but what can ya do besides lay out a ton of cash and hope for the best :-)

I hear this. I did the same (different brands except Nordic). Laying out tons of cash to make it happen. Hope the payoff is there at end of year. Very nerve wracking and not knowing if I will have enough tubs to meet supply or will it be too much supply and not enough buyers. I went heavy on orders and judging by what is already sold I don’t think I will have enough tubs for the year either.

CV3720

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 03:24:17 pm »
I am a happy customer.  My wife and I wasted the month of July going back and forth over whether to attempt to repair the rotted frame on our old tub or buy a new one.  Uncertainty about whether we could get a new hot tub here before winter definitely made it a hard decision.  I wasn't looking forward to taking delivery with a couple feet of snow on the ground and persistent sub-freezing temps.

We put in a new order at the end of July for the exact model we wanted, with an estimated build date in late Nov.  It was built during the week of Thanksgiving and was on my patio a week later.  I am so glad we didn't wait any longer than we did, because friends who went shopping at the end of summer had to a accept a model that wasn't quite what they wanted but was already in the production queue, with delivery in Feb.  They would have had to wait until late 2021 to get the one they wanted.

Agreed (customer here) - ordered in July and enjoyed it in December! I contemplated a cabinet color change after the first couple of weeks, but didn't want to "risk" what that might have done to my place in line!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 10:52:46 am »
Agreed (customer here) - ordered in July and enjoyed it in December! I contemplated a cabinet color change after the first couple of weeks, but didn't want to "risk" what that might have done to my place in line!

Yeah I'd be afraid the response to such a question would be "no soup for you, Next!".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 10:52:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42