What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leaky BEAM  (Read 2474 times)

charbrew

Leaky BEAM
« on: December 22, 2020, 09:44:25 pm »
I have owned a hot springs BEAM tub for two years. This is our second tub in two years because the first one started leaking after a few months. The new tub has also started to leak. After 3 trips to check it out, they determined it is an LED light under the water. Their fix for this was to smear silicone all over all the LED lights on the inside of the tub. It looks terrible and I can't help but think this is a bandaid fix. The tub was replaced last january and is only 11 months old. Is this the right way to fix this and should I accept it?

The dealer is offering to take the tub from me and I can upgrade to a Flash they have coming in. They are asking me to pay an additional $3600 to upgrade to the flash. is this a decent price to upgrade?

thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:37:20 am by charbrew »

Hot Tub Forum

Leaky BEAM
« on: December 22, 2020, 09:44:25 pm »

Sammi

Re: Leaky BEAM
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 09:15:15 pm »
I'll preface this with saying I know nothing about the price difference between these two spas new, but my immediate reaction is that's a steep price hit for tub that's in the same Limelight series and basically the next size up in the line. Are all the other options the same? Your tub should be under warranty and on your next drain and refill they should correctly fix the issue.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 07:59:34 am »
Bypass the dealer and go directly to Hotsprings and have them make the dealer repair it correctly if the warranty covers it. If you still have warranty it is the dealers responsibility to make the correct repair regardless of what they have to do to fix it. Silicone is a band aid not a repair. Make some noise.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 02:25:40 pm »
This is repairable. If you want to keep your Beam, have them repair it correctly under warranty.  If you want to trade up, $3600 bump is extreme.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

charbrew

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 07:35:40 pm »
i only paid 7k for my beam in december 2018, and i felt I got a very good deal. i'm from south dakota, and our tub costs are always higher. i'm assuming this is because of our colder climate, but i'm not sure.
i'm looking to upgrade to a larger size instead of having them replace mine since i am taller and we have found we use it often. I figure this is our chance to upgrade instead of just fixing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 07:35:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42