What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this used Vanguard a good deal?  (Read 2222 times)

Turfnsurf

Is this used Vanguard a good deal?
« on: December 08, 2020, 01:30:46 pm »
Hi folks, first time poster here!
I've been looking at hot tubs for a while now, but availability is terrible thanks to COVID (I've been quoted >6 months.) My friend ordered a different brand in April and was promised 3 months, it ended up arriving late October, or 6 months later.

I saw a used 2018 HS Vanguard for sale with cover & steps (no Saltwater,) for $7500 asking price. This is about what I was thinking of paying for a new hot tub! I've never owned a spa, so I'm not experienced with the quality of different brands and such, but I've heard lots of positive comments about the Hot Springs brand. Do any of you Vanguard owners have feedback on this model? Pro's & Cons? Does this sound like a good deal on a used hot tub?

I'm stoked to have stumbled upon this forum, Thank in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Is this used Vanguard a good deal?
« on: December 08, 2020, 01:30:46 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Is this used Vanguard a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 04:35:35 pm »
Extended delivery times are the norm with new spas. I'm not sure I'd let that be too much of a deciding factor for something you'll own for the next decade plus but thats up to you on how soon you want/need it. Even if not in a pandemic used spas can be a decent idea if they're in good shape and priced right. I'm not going to comment on price but you've left out one key bit of information:

Is this from a dealer where they've filled/tested it and maybe even comes with a few months of warranty?

OR

Is this from a private seller? If so you should only consider it if its up and running so you can be assured the base around it is dry (not leaking), the water is hot, the jets work, the cover is not water-logged...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jag8

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 10:34:56 am »
That's a fair deal. Just make sure it works and doesn't leak. Technically it's still under warranty to the original owner so it should be in decent enough condition. Give it a good purge it once you fill it and electrically connect it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 10:34:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42