What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Caldera/Hotspring Electrical Hook Up Question  (Read 2605 times)

Galaxybrooks

New Caldera/Hotspring Electrical Hook Up Question
« on: September 22, 2020, 10:43:06 pm »
I sent my electrician the wiring diagram from the Caldera pre delivery guide for a Utopia Tahitian and he said to order a #6 4 wire all copper for the hook up. Right now I only have the #6 4 wire to run electrical.  Looking at the diagram it looks to me there needs to a completely different type of wire for the whip?  Can someone clarify for me if I can use a cut of the same wire or do I need to pick up additional wires. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

New Caldera/Hotspring Electrical Hook Up Question
« on: September 22, 2020, 10:43:06 pm »

A.O.

Re: New Caldera/Hotspring Electrical Hook Up Question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 11:03:20 am »
6/3 With ground should handle all of it.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 11:34:34 am »
Just for future reference.

Some of the Caldera tubs require a dual GFCI sub panel. One side is for the heater the other powers the rest of the tub.

The reason for this is if in cold weather the heater fails and trips its GFCI the tub still has power and will go into survival mode and slowly circulate the hot water in the tub to keep the outer pumps from freezing. This can provide a week of time to get the heater replaced.

These need if I remember 7 wires from the GFCI to the tub and they are #8. I used individual wires rated for conduit service and ran them thru seal-tite conduit from the GFCI to the power panel inside the tub. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 11:34:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42