What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leak found - help us fix it!  (Read 2135 times)

bill_tubbins

Leak found - help us fix it!
« on: November 06, 2020, 08:55:05 pm »
Hello everyone -

My jolly gang of roommates and I recently picked up a second hand Beachcomber Hot Tub. It's a 740 model from 2003, and seems to be in great shape. (It was also free!)

The motor and electronics are working fine, and it heats up well.

It currently has a leak however, but we've isolated it to a single jet. We believe this is the culprit since the tub stops leaking just below it. After filling the tub back up above this jet, it starts leaking again, until the water gets back down below again.

We are pretty positive this is an Ozone Jet - it looks a lot like the one found here:
https://store.beachcomberhottubs.com/ozone-jet-swirl-style-gray

Our hot tub does not have an Ozonator. In the user manual here, it says it was an option feature:
https://www.beachcomberhottubs.com/img/resources/owners-guide-2000-2005.pdf

Do you think it's safe to seal this up and call it a day? It sounds a lot easier than lifting the tub, pulling the foam, and getting in the to repair the hose it's connected to.

Thanks for the help!! =)

Hot Tub Forum

Leak found - help us fix it!
« on: November 06, 2020, 08:55:05 pm »

Roger

Re: Leak found - help us fix it!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 07:08:47 am »
If there is no Ozonater that port should have a hose attached to it that can be found in the equipment area. Have you located that yet? It will have a plug on that side?

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 08:08:46 am »
Run a fat bead of marine grade silicone around it and then give it a try.

bill_tubbins

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 09:08:49 pm »
Update here....

We realized that water was flowing out of the ozone jet, when the pump was circulating, so no luck on plugging up the jet. There would still be water behind it, causing the leak.

Went in from the bottom and pulled out the insulation around the ozone jet. Turns out the part of the ozone jet that threads into the hose behind it was cracked. We will replace the fixture and reattach the hose. May have to splice a new bit of hose on.

Unfortunately the insulation around the leaking area is soaked. I imagine the correct thing to do here is to pull it all out and refill. I think we will just fix this leak and then pack it full of regular pink insulation. Possibly spray foam. Does it all have to be dry though for spray foam to adhere?

Thanks for the help.

Red MC

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 11:42:49 am »
I would set up a box fan or something similar to dry out the insulation first.  Spray foam is good if you don't have a large volume of insulation to replace and are pretty confident you won't have to get back in there again.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 11:42:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42