What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shopping for our 1st Spa, here are our two finalists, help us choose...?  (Read 6464 times)

Carld72

Hey all, my wife and I have been shopping for our first Spa and have narrowed our search down to two tubs.
Please help us choose if you have an opinion on either one.

1. Jacuzzi J-585. This tub is a top of the line floor model from 2019 so the store has had it for a while. The msrp tag says $24,995 with a line through it and says special $19,995 it also has built in blue tooth. After talking to the salesman for a good while he agreed to reach out to his district manager to see what the best price they could offer me was..$16,995 (plus free stairs and cover lift). They will also do 48 month 0% financing.

2nd choice is a Bullfrog A6L msrp $15,200. This price includes a 2nd jet pump, stairs, cover lift, and a circ pump (no discount available), also not sure about financing.

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

Hot Tub Forum

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Shopping for our 1st Spa, here are our two finalists, help us choose...?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 07:32:08 am »
Show the Jacuzzi guy the quote from Bullfrog at $15,200 and also get free delivery (always tip your delivery guys...lol) If they won't price match walk away but leave your phone/email and give them a few days to think. A good sales person will call you back in a few days to try and win you back. Take your time and hold firm.

" he agreed to reach out to his district manager" BS they know where the bottom number is or they should not be in sales.

"floor model from 2019".... bet your spa arrives brand new in the wrapper. Not always BS but often is.

Questions to ask:
What is the warranty and what does it cover
Is it prorated over the life of the warranty
What do they charge for a service call/trip fee just to come out. Can range from $60 to $160 or more
Do they use in house service or do they contract out?

What is their reputation. Do your research
How long have they been in business. Important in the current covid era.

In the end buy the one that fits your body and your family's needs best. Price is secondary

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 12:45:54 pm »
Hey all, my wife and I have been shopping for our first Spa and have narrowed our search down to two tubs.

1. Jacuzzi J-585. This tub is a top of the line floor model from 2019 so the store has had it for a while. The msrp tag says $24,995 with a line through it and says special $19,995 it also has built in blue tooth. After talking to the salesman for a good while he agreed to reach out to his district manager to see what the best price they could offer me was..$16,995 (plus free stairs and cover lift). They will also do 48 month 0% financing.

2nd choice is a Bullfrog A6L msrp $15,200. This price includes a 2nd jet pump, stairs, cover lift, and a circ pump (no discount available), also not sure about financing.

Not really comparing like products. Are you sure it’s a A6L?  Based on price alone the Jacuzzi is a way better deal. The Bullfrog is way overpriced

havanaclub

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 01:19:47 am »

1. Jacuzzi J-585. This  tub is a top of the line floor model from 2019 so the store has had it for a while. The msrp tag says $24,995 with a line through it and says special $19,995 it also has built in blue tooth. After talking to the salesman for a good while he agreed to reach out to his district manager to see what the best price they could offer me was..$16,995 (plus free stairs and cover lift). They will also do 48 month 0% financing.

Hey! What did you choose finally? Got a similar issue right now

JoshR778

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 12:26:00 am »
Hey all, my wife and I have been shopping for our first Spa and have narrowed our search down to two tubs with massage fuctions.

I'd choose the 2nd one, have heard a few good reviews on it from my friends

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 12:26:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42