What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian 748l  (Read 5131 times)

skeet

Artesian 748l
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:40:33 pm »
Does anyone have this exact model?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian 748l
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:40:33 pm »

Sam

Re: Artesian 748l
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 01:33:36 pm »
I sell them and have been in it a couple of times.  What's your question?

skeet

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 09:51:58 am »
How do you like it? Is it a good model? Anything you can say that will make me decide to buy.

Thanks

Sam

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 12:48:50 pm »
Build quality is top notch.  Performance is middle of the road, but so should the price be.  Very well insulated/energy efficient.  Good parts list.  Strong, self supporting shell.  It's a good hot tub for the price range.  My only complaint on the south seas line is that I think they look a little dated but they are rock solid.  They're like a Toyota Corrolla.  Nothing fancy but will be efficient and go forever.

tmoore32

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 01:47:30 pm »
I've owned the 735b for a month.  It has the same pumps as the 748.  Would never buy this brand again.   Pump 2 seats are amazing.  Very strong jets that you can turn down to whatever pressure you like.   Pump 1 seats are poor (which includes 3 of the 4 corners).   Maybe 1/5 the per-jet flow of the pump 2 seats.  I raised the issue with the dealer and basically got the finger back.   

Sam

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 12:05:42 pm »
This is incorrect.  The 748L does not have the same pumps as the 735L.  The 735L is a specifically downrated version of the 748L and does not have the same performance but is also less expensive.  The 735L is a special discounted model that is not even advertised on the manufacturer's website.  Both are fine for their price, just like a Corrola is fine for it's price.  If you want more performance then you need to bump up to their Island Spas line which is more expensive.  If my Corrola doesn't meet my performance needs, I need to bump up to a Lexus.

In the end, it's all about personal preference.  Some people don't need the most powerful jets and the 735L fits the bill for a well made, efficient spa, with decent performance at a good price.  The 748L ups the performance a bit, but it's not going to compare with their Island Spas.  If you are looking for really powerful jets, you'll need to up the budget by a few grand. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 12:13:44 pm by Sam »

Sam

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 12:13:08 pm »
*accidental post and cant delete

skeet

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 08:56:10 pm »
How is the Frog @ease system it comes with? Yeah I am just looking for a good quality and good jet pressure.  Nothing fancy  Also what do you think is best foundation for it? I was looking to do small layer of crush stone and EZ Pad.   

Sam

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 01:19:10 pm »
How is the Frog @ease system it comes with? Yeah I am just looking for a good quality and good jet pressure.  Nothing fancy  Also what do you think is best foundation for it? I was looking to do small layer of crush stone and EZ Pad.

I really like the @ease system.  It's super easy and the chlorine level is only .5ppm.  It's not the cheapest, but it works well.  It's gaining traction with a lot of manufacturers.  Caldera, Bullfrog, Marquis, Artesian, and I think there are more, have all started offering this system.

As for the foundation, the crushed stone is enough by itself.  The EZ Pad isn't even necessary.  Just frame in the stone so it doesn't settle or wash away.  The EZ pad creates a better surface for walking on I guess.  I put my spa on crushed rock and then just put pavers around the hot tub.  Save the $500 on the pad.

A.O.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 12:23:22 pm »
This is incorrect.  The 748L does not have the same pumps as the 735L.  The 735L is a specifically downrated version of the 748L and does not have the same performance but is also less expensive.  The 735L is a special discounted model that is not even advertised on the manufacturer's website.  Both are fine for their price, just like a Corrola is fine for it's price.  If you want more performance then you need to bump up to their Island Spas line which is more expensive.  If my Corrola doesn't meet my performance needs, I need to bump up to a Lexus.

In the end, it's all about personal preference.  Some people don't need the most powerful jets and the 735L fits the bill for a well made, efficient spa, with decent performance at a good price.  The 748L ups the performance a bit, but it's not going to compare with their Island Spas.  If you are looking for really powerful jets, you'll need to up the budget by a few grand.

Hmmmm.. I bought an Island Spas Captiva a couple months ago, glad I bought it from a good dealer ... I had so much problems with it they finally agreed to come and get it and issue a full refund for it.

skeet

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 10:56:34 am »
Thanks for info Sam...Man I hope my 748l doesn't give me issues..Also is insulation good in this model.  Also Sam is it hard to keep chemical at right level and do I have to add more chemical besides the ease?

Sam

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 06:44:18 pm »
Thanks for info Sam...Man I hope my 748l doesn't give me issues..Also is insulation good in this model.  Also Sam is it hard to keep chemical at right level and do I have to add more chemical besides the ease?

I really believe in Artesian from a reliability and efficiency standpoint.  I could nitpik some things but overall they are great.  Generally speaking, we have very low failure rates with Artesian.  As with any product, you will have the occasional person that has issues and isn't happy but it is not common in the least. 

The @ease system is super easy.  It self-regulates the sanitizer level.  You just need to balance your ph and shock it occasionally.  It's a great, user friendly system. 

skeet

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 09:04:58 am »
oh ok cool..What would you nitpick. For me I wasn't sure about the waterfall in pillow and if I should of went with the lounge or not.  What stuff do you shock with? 

Sam

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2020, 11:36:05 am »
oh ok cool..What would you nitpick. For me I wasn't sure about the waterfall in pillow and if I should of went with the lounge or not.  What stuff do you shock with?

I don't like pillowfall, the aesthetics are a bit dated, the cabinet could have better fit and finish (it's not terrible but it's not in line with say a Hot Spring or a Bullfrog), but again, I'm really nitpiking. 

For shock use potassium monopersulfate or potassium peroxymonosulfate.  The instructions say monthly but I've found that to be insufficient.  Depending upon usage, I recommend most people shock weekly. 

skeet

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2020, 01:11:01 pm »
Yeah see I was going to go with a hot spring but wasn't sure where made and was alot more money.  Well that was for the limelight for the same price it would have been there lowest model which i felt get more for money with artesian.  I know why did they put the waterfall there. I heard its good for headache.  So every week sock it and what about replacing water?  Should I do anything before I have people in it or after it?

Thanks 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2020, 01:11:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42