What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Start-up Tips for tub that has sat all summer (with water)  (Read 1784 times)

Sammi

Start-up Tips for tub that has sat all summer (with water)
« on: November 01, 2020, 04:16:59 pm »
My father bought a 2006 HS Vanguard in February at his winter home. Before he left for the summer he changed out the water and put a bottle of Spa Magic in the tub. He's had a care taker fill the tub occasionally as water evaporated, but other than the 24hr circ pump running nonw of the jets have ran.

I'm opening up his house next week, and plan on draining the tub, refilling, and then treating the water. Any tips I should do before I drain the spa? I'm assuming the jets are full of nastiness after sitting in the heat with water not going through them for 6 months. I also am new to water care - my spa is a salt spa and I'm learning water care for that as I go - this tub is a traditional spa, so this will be brand new for me.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Start-up Tips for tub that has sat all summer (with water)
« on: November 01, 2020, 04:16:59 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Start-up Tips for tub that has sat all summer (with water)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 05:07:17 pm »
Assuming the water isn't completely nasty (if it is you'll have to drain & refill it for the purge process) I'd use a really good purge product to clear out any nastiness as step #1, this stuff works amazing: https://hottubwarehouse.com/products/hot-tub-serum-total-cleanse

once purged you'll then drain it and I would scrub all surfaces really well then also start with a fresh set of filters when you refill it

Sam

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 05:20:10 pm »
To be safe, I would do the hot tub serum and add a large dose of chlorine at the same time.  Just to make sure to kill all the baddies.  When you drain and refill a hot tub, enough water remains from the original fill that could contaminate the fresh fill.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 05:20:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42