What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Old hot tub guy, new here looking for tub  (Read 117 times)

A.O.

Old hot tub guy, new here looking for tub
« on: October 18, 2020, 09:41:06 am »
So, I'm new here but I've had hot tubs for 30 years. Recently I had a lightning strike cook my Baja hot tub, luckily insurance is covering it, unluckily covid has wiped the planet of tubs for sale!!! So I'm out shopping for a new tub. I found an Artesian Island Spas Captiva on the floor for sale so I snapped it up. They delivered it and we had nothing but problems with it, the main big foot jet wont stay in and the tub will not maintain set temperature! Kudos to the store where we got it as they are coming Friday to pick it up and refund our money!
That means I'm out shopping again. Man have these things gotten expensive! I've looked at Hot Springs and Jacuzzi and was way less than impressed for the money. Going to go look at a couple Cal Spas today..
I was impressed with a Catalina Luxury spa yesterday but I cannot find out a whole lot about them, reviews and such.. they say they've been around since 1978 but still cannot find a bunch about them... Anyone here know anything about the Catalina spas? The Berkshire is the model I'm most interested in but I don't want to take a $9000 gamble!  Thanks in advance for any info and opinions..

Scott

Hot Tub Forum

Old hot tub guy, new here looking for tub
« on: October 18, 2020, 09:41:06 am »

Sam

Re: Old hot tub guy, new here looking for tub
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 11:41:00 am »
That's an anomaly with Artesian.  They are generally very reliable and well made spas.  Catalina on the other hand is not a company that I would recommend spending $9k on personally.  They are owned by LPI who doesn't have a reputation for quality or good customer service.  Neither does Cal spas.  Both brands that I am not a fan of, though your mileage may vary.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Old hot tub guy, new here looking for tub
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 11:41:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2020, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42