What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic people: are Nordic Escape MS and Crown II roughly the same cost?  (Read 2816 times)

betsbillabong

Hi all,

I ordered a Nordic Escape MS but have realized that I'd rather have a round tub. Is the pricing on the Crown II similar?

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Nordic people: are Nordic Escape MS and Crown II roughly the same cost?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 01:23:52 pm »
Crown II should be a bit cheaper. Maybe $300 cheaper give or take but definitely not more

betsbillabong

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 01:27:52 pm »
Very helpful - thank you!

betsbillabong

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 02:26:31 pm »
Update - they are not willing to go down in price, but I did switch to the Crown II. I was really hoping for the stainless steel bands around the tub, but he says they are offering them to me as a $500 upgrade which seems wildly overpriced. I am guessing I could put them on after the fact?

Honestly, I don't have a very good negotiating position. I have the last spot for a tub on a truck arriving in February, and other dealers are ordering into fall 2021 and even 2022. So, I just decided to get the Crown II with ozone, upgraded insulation, and upgraded lights (which I don't care about, but can't get out of) without steps, cover lifter, or stainless steel bands for $6398. Sigh. The Boulder bubble. HCOL at its finest.

I'll be able to upgrade the steel bands myself at some point if I want to, right? Don't they just circle around?

Now to figure out another foundation option, since the contractor they recommended wants $2800 for an 8x8 concrete pad, sigh. I think I'm going to go with crushed rock.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 02:40:00 pm »
I charge $500 ish more for the Escape, and SS bands I charge $475...and no I don't think they can really be added after the fact, where would you source that type of Stainless Steel band from?

betsbillabong

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 02:43:16 pm »
I wish the dealer would give me a break on this. But I realize they could find any number of people to order that last spot on the truck, and that in COVID time, I'm lucky to get a tub by February.

I just ordered it with the stainless steel bands. $6797 plus tax, including ozone clean, upgraded insulation, mood lights, and stainless steel bands, but no cover lifter or steps (I want real cedar ones, which Nordic no longer offers). Hopefully it's not too terrible of a price. I do think there's a premium for getting it within a few months rather than a year, and I'm willing to pay that premium.

It is a beautiful tub and I think I'll be really happy with it!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:32:10 pm by betsbillabong »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 04:52:29 pm »
I wish the dealer would give me a break on this. But I realize they could find any number of people to order that last spot on the truck, and that in COVID time, I'm lucky to get a tub by February.

I just ordered it with the stainless steel bands. $6797 plus tax, including ozone clean, upgraded insulation, mood lights, and stainless steel bands, but no cover lifter or steps (I want real cedar ones, which Nordic no longer offers). Hopefully it's not too terrible of a price. I do think there's a premium for getting it within a few months rather than a year, and I'm willing to pay that premium.

It is a beautiful tub and I think I'll be really happy with it!

not a terrible deal really, could you have 'called around' and found it for $500 cheaper? sure maybe, but like you noted this is your local dealer who will be taking care of you after the sale and relative to what's going on in the industry right now you are getting it pretty 'quick' in the grand scheme of things.  Ironically I just closed a Warrior XL sale a few minutes ago, all my February slots from Nordic are sold out so they are waiting until April.  Good Luck with the Nordic, great little reliable tubs with very few issues overall, I love selling them

betsbillabong

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 05:06:59 pm »
Thanks -- yeah, I think in a different time I could have struck a deal. But there are lots of people in my HCOL area of Colorado who want a hot tub right now.

Do you think it's imperative to have it on concrete? I'd prefer gravel in a frame, but the dealer seemed to imply that this was the last ditch option. Their recommended contractor had a minimum of $2800 which seemed extreme for a 7 foot round pad.

I'm also wondering whether you have a recommendation on a cover lifter for a round spa -- he did not seem to love the cover lifters for the round spa but I think at that point in the conversation he was trying to get me not to switch from the Escape. Do the cover lifters work well with the round tops? I am thinking that at first I will just try it without one and add one later if it seems necessary. Honestly, since it's just me I'll probably only open it halfway most of the time.

I love the classic look. I'm excited about my new hot tub!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 05:20:13 pm »
Thanks -- yeah, I think in a different time I could have struck a deal. But there are lots of people in my HCOL area of Colorado who want a hot tub right now.

Do you think it's imperative to have it on concrete? I'd prefer gravel in a frame, but the dealer seemed to imply that this was the last ditch option. Their recommended contractor had a minimum of $2800 which seemed extreme for a 7 foot round pad.

I'm also wondering whether you have a recommendation on a cover lifter for a round spa -- he did not seem to love the cover lifters for the round spa but I think at that point in the conversation he was trying to get me not to switch from the Escape. Do the cover lifters work well with the round tops? I am thinking that at first I will just try it without one and add one later if it seems necessary. Honestly, since it's just me I'll probably only open it halfway most of the time.

I love the classic look. I'm excited about my new hot tub!

I wouldn't say its imperative, I've come across all kinds of creative bases over the years that utilize crushed gravel, pea gravel, basic wood frame, etc. (check YouTube there is a ton of good videos showing some homemade bases for hot tubs) As far as the lifters there isn't a bunch of options unfortunately, the one we sell for the round tubs is a universal lifter called the Cover Rx: https://covervalet.com/cover-lifters/cover-rx/ and as you can see it requires you to slide a portion of the lifter under the spa for support so it may not work the best with a crushed gravel base.  And yes $2,800 for a basic 7' pad is basically a 'I am not really interested in doing this job' price, maybe call around and/or look for a handyman that will work for cash or come in at a more reasonable number. Good Luck!

betsbillabong

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 05:35:27 pm »
Thank you! I really appreciate all your help. I am sure I will figure it out. It sounds like concrete might be best, even if it's not imperative. I have never actually used a hot tub with a cover lifter so I am thinking that for now I can get by without it :-)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 06:23:14 pm »
Not too bad on price considering all the uprgrades you got. Have like $1000 in upgrades on that tub plus getting it in February versus over a year out.

betsbillabong

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 06:51:33 pm »
Thanks! I appreciate all your help. I know it will all be a blip in the long time that I own the tub.

Thank you both for your input - much appreciated :-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 06:51:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42