What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gecko IN.YE-5 Pump Won't Work On Low Speed and FLO Code  (Read 3453 times)

Lightning1

Gecko IN.YE-5 Pump Won't Work On Low Speed and FLO Code
« on: December 04, 2020, 07:04:41 pm »
Hi guys,

First time registering and poster, long time creeper. I have a brand new Gecko IN.YE-5 spa pack replacing a burned out Gecko SSPA. After installing the new pack, I turned the breaker on, and it will run on high for about 20seconds, then start humming when trying to go to low speed, then it shuts off and tried to start again on low every 15 seconds or so with a loud hum or buzzing and I would get a FLO code. I took the pump and motor in to be checked, they replaced the centrifugal switch and rebuilt everything, and said everything was good. Re-installed the pump, filled the tub and same exact thing. If I press the high speed button when it is trying to start on low speed the high speed works just fine. I called Gecko and went through all the troubleshooting steps, and the new pack checks out with all the right voltage for high and low speed, and he thought it was the pump...please help, I tried to see if there was an airlock, but cracking the pump unions leads to nothing and jets work just fine on high

Hot Tub Forum

Gecko IN.YE-5 Pump Won't Work On Low Speed and FLO Code
« on: December 04, 2020, 07:04:41 pm »

Lightning1

Re: Gecko IN.YE-5 Pump Won't Work On Low Speed and FLO Code
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 05:41:43 pm »
Update...took the pump out again yesterday and brought it in to be tested on an actual test bench, works perfect on high and low. Red wire was low though (even though one of the last places I brought the pump to labelled it as high), so we switched the red and black so red is now high. Re-installed figuring that was my issue the entire time, and same exact thing. I did some more testing with my meter and at port A3 on the spa pack, I am showing 240 volts from white to red, and 240 volts from white to black when the pump should be on low (pump 1 light on control pad blinking), but when pump is set to high (pump 1 light solid) I only have 240 volts between red and white. What could cause this issue? Any Ideas?

Sean

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 08:17:20 am »
The loud buzz sounds like you are getting both speeds coming on at once. Disconnect the wires from the pump and test there... White to red... white to black...red to black in both high and low speeds for each test and post results. Could be a stuck switch inside the pump. 

Lightning1

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 12:29:36 pm »
Hi,

Please forgive me if I am wrong, but I believe this is what I did by checking the outputs at A3 on the spa pack board. I cannot access the back of the motor with it installed to get those readings, I would have to take everything out again. When the pump was out and on the test bench on Saturday, we tried it on low and high at least 5 different times, there was no issue at all.

I am sure both speeds are trying to come on at once (in low speed). I know that on low speed both high and low are getting 240V but on high just high is getting 240V. Just checked the reading from red to black and it is 0V on low and 14V on high (at A3 port).

Lightning1

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 12:52:01 pm »
Update

Just got off of the phone with Gecko technical support, and I am told that I have a bad spa pack, which is very strange, as it is brand new.

Lightning1

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 06:51:52 pm »
Update

Just wanted to confirm that the issue was in fact the brand new spa pack (which seems to be quite rare), it was sending 240V to both high and low at the same time, like CanadianSpaTech had thought, thanks for the help. As soon as I installed the new spa pack, it worked just as it should, first try.

I would also like to thank Jamie at clicknpick Canada, it is where I purchased the spa pack, he was a great help and was great to deal with, check them out if you need anything.

S

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 06:51:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42