What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In foam leak detection - Tiger River Siberian  (Read 16786 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: In foam leak detection - Tiger River Siberian
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 05:27:13 pm »
Your right. But I can tip a spa by myself with my equipment. And most leaks I repair in foam (which is very very few) only take slightly longer than non foam leaks. I just don't buy the argument that non foam insulated tubs are better. I think you make compromises with both styles. Yet some are very hard to convince otherwise.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 05:27:13 pm »

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 08:07:20 am »
Tman,
Do you have one of those inflatable gadgets to lift the spa?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 11:21:34 am »
I do have an airbag yes. But it only lifts it far enough to block for my high lift jack. I use a flat pry bar to get the bag in. Once it's 3 feet up one man can tip it the rest of the way. Lift with your legs.
Retired

EZcyclone

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 06:50:40 pm »
So how many hours and thousands of dollars did it take to find the leak. The non full foam guys on this forum and others will have you believe it takes hours even days and thousands of dollars to locate leaks in full foam..

It took less than one minute.  The only reason it's not back in service is I have both classes and a girlfriend that eat up 99% of my time.  If I had none of that, then it would be long done by now.

EZcyclone

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 07:25:50 pm »
Now, I have the next issue I'm working on.  The last issue in fact.  On the heater one of the temp senors units is missing a piece.  The tub came with this piece JB Welded on.  It worked fine but I didn't want it left that way.  If I don't get a "Hey you just need this part number, easy peasy." than I will just turn a SS bushing, TIG it on and then glue the sensor housing in place. 

EZcyclone

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 07:30:07 pm »

EZcyclone

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »
In other words HELP Chas!! lol

EZcyclone

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 10:06:45 pm »
One more thing, could someone tell me which is the temp and which is the limit?

EZcyclone

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 07:24:56 pm »
Ok so what I had to do was to turn down a stainless steel busing.  Turned it to a friction fit, slipped on some marine epoxy and pressed the pieces into place.  I know there's not many posting to this anymore (read no one), but I figured if someone ran into this issue in the future it would be good content.  The first image is of the lathe, the second is of the pressed on parts, and the third is of the answer to my temp sensor questions.  Now, I must go fill my new tub!

NewMC

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 12:10:43 pm »
I joined to see your pictures, but they've apparently been removed.

Stumbled on your post while looking for plumbing diagram for 2004 Tiger River Bengal.  Hopefully you're still having fun in your hot tub, I'm just getting started with repairs on this one.  Replaced the leaking heater, and then found that I have another leak, spent several hours digging out, chiseling off, and cleaning up foam, found cracked fitting, but want to make sure it's not a check valve before I try to repair it.  Due to 7-8 fittings all tied together I'm going to try an epoxy repair before replacing things.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 12:10:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42