What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2007 Jacuzzi J-345 Tripping Breaker  (Read 1675 times)

armstrongs52

2007 Jacuzzi J-345 Tripping Breaker
« on: September 28, 2020, 04:58:18 pm »
We bought this tub used about three months ago and after replacing the circ pump to fix the FL1 error, it has been trouble free until yesterday.  I drained the tub, cleaned it and refilled it, then turned it back on with no issues.  Last night we hopped in for a quick soak and beverage before bed.  The tub was at the correct tempo and everything was working well until we turned on pump 2 and it immediately tripped the breaker.  We had been using pump 1 with no issues.  I could also hear some water falling (Leaking?) inside the cabinet.  I pulled off some of the siding and could clearly see there had been some water leaking but couldn't see from where nor was it leaking right then.  This was about 30 mins after the breaker tripped.

Fast forward to midday when i got a few minutes to go and look some more.  Turned it on and it cycled up and pump 1 was fine, it pump two and breaker trips immediately again.  There is less water in the cabinet now so it doesn't appear to be leaking anymore.  I opened the control box and there is no evidence of water being in there.  I checked for any loose wires on pump 2 and everything is secure, with no worn areas either.  I noticed 3 open-ended tubes towards the top of the cabinet and I could see there had been water in them recently.  In fact when I pulled down on one of them, a small amount of water came out.

When the tub was filled, it was filled more than usual by mistake, but not to the point it overflowed when we got in it.

Anyone have any ideas of things to try before I call a repairman?

Hot Tub Forum

2007 Jacuzzi J-345 Tripping Breaker
« on: September 28, 2020, 04:58:18 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: 2007 Jacuzzi J-345 Tripping Breaker
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 05:48:17 pm »
The increased water level likely over flowed the air intake valves. The valves you turn to inject air into the stream of water. Inside the cabinet the valve has a slot in it to suck in air through a venturi set up as you open the valve the stream of water going to the jets pulls the air in/along. If the water gets to high it can backfill and escape through the slot and into the cabinet. Your pump 2 might have gotten wet and when running the dripping water can get sucked into the front of the pump and short/trip the breaker. Might dry out in a day or two and still work. Or...there could be 2 separate issues going on at the same time.

armstrongs52

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 08:36:40 am »
Thanks for the quick response.  I wondered if that was the case - I'm assuming the tubes I saw draw the necessary air for the valves to work and since there was water in them that would make sense.  I'll wait it out a few days and see if it resumes fuctioning.

Thanks!
Rob

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 08:36:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42