What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice Needed with buying 3 Person HT  (Read 2420 times)

gwmac

Advice Needed with buying 3 Person HT
« on: June 21, 2020, 04:52:22 pm »
Hi, Glad to find this forum. I am planning to buy a 3 person hot tub and I have some questions. My first question would be some recommended models. So far in my research I have found one I like called https://aqualivingstores.com/product/dr-wellness-x-2-spa/ which seems to go for $3199 without any upgrades or delivery. I am looking for powerful jets so I want at least a 4HP or higher pump. I also saw the Catalina Luxury Kennedy but I can't see a price for it and I am guessing it is very expensive. I want to keep my budget around $4,000 including shipping and upgrades but could go as high as 5K if needed for a good brand.

My second question regards recommended sites to buy my new hot tub. Some are definitely better than others. I want to buy from a reputable manufacturer that will offer and honor a generous warranty.

Finally, under upgrade options there are several. Which are useful to have and which are just a waste of money. I was thinking of going salt water but would love to hear your thoughts about that.

Here are all the upgrades.

1-Year Extended Warranty ($99.00) 
Nature2 Spa Water Purifier ($24.99) 
Spa Startup Chemical Kit ($84.99) 
ProZone Salt System ($399.00) 
Factory Installed Ozonator ($69.00)
3-Pack Extra Filters ($75.00) 
CopPure Filter Upgrade ($105.00) 
Rechargeable Floating Drink Station ($49.00)
Cover Concierge w/ bottom mount ($169.00) 
Spa Side Handrail ($129.00) 
Spa Booster Seat ($19.95) 
Shipping Safegaurd ($49.00)
Bluetooth Waterproof Audio ($299
Perimeter LED Lighting Package ($299)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:52:14 pm by gwmac »

Hot Tub Forum

Advice Needed with buying 3 Person HT
« on: June 21, 2020, 04:52:22 pm »

Sam

Re: Advice Needed with buying 3 Person HT
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 01:28:20 pm »
you get what you pay for.  doctor wellness spas are junk.  the company that makes them (LPI) has a reputation for shady sales tactics, poor quality, and terrible service and support.  You would need to up your budget to get a wellmade hot tub with your requirements. 

bigshotbantam

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 04:11:23 pm »
I started out my search online too.  The consensus I have found is that the reliable tubs are sold a lot like cars: You have to reach out to a dealer, neogtiate options, etc..  It's definitely not my preferred way of doing business, but it's how this industry seems to work.

At least look into going into a local seller and give them a chance to earn your business.  On a slow day they can still answer your questions and help you feel like an informed buyer.  Some makers do have budget lines that you can get into at lower price-points, and a seller may even have used ones available to get you a nice quality tub for less money. 

On another note: Demand is really high right now, (lots of people thinking like you're thinking) so the new market will likely have a long wait time for an order, and the used market will be slim pickings and fierce competition.  It may be worth working your local network in the community - let people know you want to buy one.  You may get lucky and find someone with one for sale before they get a chance to advertise.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 04:11:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42