Brand Specific Forums > Hot Spring Spas

2020 HS Envoy Review

<< < (2/3) > >>

Frogger:
You shouldn't have any regrets..especially with that spa. I dont think there is a perfect spa because everyone has different likes and needs. Im really impressed with the envoy even though I have a bullfrog coming.  I wish I could have both tubs...lol. Honestly I saw the envoy after I purchased the bullfrog and had a moment of "uh oh"...i hope I made the right purchase. I dont think you can go wrong with either one. Glad you are enjoying it.

swaney:
Buy cheap paper filters from amazon??  Can you elaborate on that more

Sammi:

--- Quote from: swaney on September 24, 2020, 09:03:35 pm ---Buy cheap paper filters from amazon??  Can you elaborate on that more

--- End quote ---

I don't have much to add other than my friend said cleaning the filters can be a pain. Since the main filter runs 24/7 and the other 4 only run when the jets are going the main filter needs cleaning mucb more frequently. So rather than cleaning it he recommends using a paper filter on the main and tossing it when its dirty.

I haven't put one it yet. Won't try it until my main filter needs cleaning. I have no clue of the paper filters are inferior but the logic makes sense as far as cleaning goes. 

swaney:
My dealer here in panama said can put the filters in the dish washer.  Not sure I would do that.

wcmorris:
Kind of an old post but lets see if we can resurrect.

Sammi, I'm curious how the Envoy is a year on. I just got mine last month and we've been loving it other than having issues dialing in the salt system. You mentioned adding chlorine once a week and having the system set to 10. The manual says you shouldn't add chlorine once the system is maintaining 3-5 ppm on it's own. We're you ever able to get it dialed in so you only have to use non-chlorine shock once in a while and set the output lower to like 6 or 7? How long are the salt cartridges lasting you?

I've been having a similar experience as you where I have it set to 10 and have been boosting constantly but I still find it struggles to maintain. I now just got the error where it looks like the salt cartridge needs to be replaced. My dealer charges $250 for a three pack which I refuse to play if I'm replacing them  every 1 to 2 months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version