What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Breaker Box  (Read 2220 times)

Sammi

Hot Springs Breaker Box
« on: September 09, 2020, 11:53:20 am »
When I was looking at a used Hot Springs tub the seller wouldn't sell me the breaker box because he said it was worth so much $ and he wanted $200 extra for it. When I called my local dealer they wanted $700 for a new breaker box. I ended up purchasing a new tub from said dealer which includes the breaker box.

I picked up the box a few days ago as my install is tomorrow. It's a standard outdoor 6 space 100amp Square D box which sells for $39.90 at Lowes and Home Depot. What kind snake oil are they selling upchanging a standard breaker box by $660? What am I missing here?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Breaker Box
« on: September 09, 2020, 11:53:20 am »

castletonia

Re: Hot Springs Breaker Box
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 04:39:26 pm »
Missing the breakers. 

$700 is high in my opinion though.  I'm at $499.   

Sammi

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 12:47:45 am »
Missing the breakers. 

$700 is high in my opinion though.  I'm at $499.

Gotcha Castle - after I posted I did open the box, saw the breakers were pre-installed and saw they run $109/each full retail. Makes a little more sense as it would take a half hour to wire the breakers but still high IMO.

It might be why i had such a wide range in electrical bids. I let them know I would be getting the box but didn't specify it would have the guts in it. I'm thinking know maybe the electricians who haven't wired a lot of HS tubs didn't know that either. The electrician I hired was very familiar with wiring HS and was significantly cheaper as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 12:47:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42