What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A8L - first week impressions  (Read 3970 times)

JoesTub

A8L - first week impressions
« on: September 08, 2020, 11:44:22 pm »
I feel compelled to give back to this community/resource by providing my first week impressions.  I’ll add more later - but will be happy to update this original post with any key insights I can share.

Cut to the chase - I absolutely love this hot tub, and I’m very happy with my decision.  Disclaimers - I did not wet test any hot tubs, as models appeared limited, and when I started my search, I was concerned about Covid transmission - we are caring for our nephews, whose mother is at high risk due to prior respiratory issues.  As most of you know, finding objective information on a high-ticket purchase is much more difficult with hot tubs than other purchases, so my degree of confidence is not as high.  I normally research the shit out of smaller dollar purchases, but the increasing wait times, and a desire to create a relaxing outdoor space over-rode my normal process.

I was confident I would enjoy the hot tub, but was most concerned about whether I would regret getting the lounger, as opposed to the A8.  Its my favorite seat, and that has been the reaction of my wife and kids.  More to come - but wanted to share that impression, given how difficult it was to find other posts about the lounge seat.

In the tub as I type this - been in 1/2x/day 😊

Hot Tub Forum

A8L - first week impressions
« on: September 08, 2020, 11:44:22 pm »

Frogger

Re: A8L - first week impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:32:53 am »
Thats really awesome to read! Plus the part about the lounger is reassuring as I'm getting a double lounger. My A8D is coming on Thursday....I hope!

Share every detail you want...ha. Just gets me more excited to get my spa. You liking your jetpaks? What ones do you have and what's your favorite so far?

JoesTub

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:10:20 am »
Hey Frogger - we all really like the jetpaks.  They are very easy to move around, and i'd say at least every other time we've been in it, someone ends up moving a pak.  Couple observations before i go into each one:  While I like the massage they provide, I'm surprised how much I enjoy sitting in it either on low power, or no power.  I'll run them for a bit, but most of the time we've been in it, we've not had them running.  I think this probably because it's harder to have a conversation, when the are on high, and there has usually been 2-3 of us in the tub at a time.  That's one of the things I'm enjoying the most - while we can still use our phones (iphone 11 water-resistant), it's not as convenient, so its become a space we are more likely to have conversations.  That's been such a great benefit that I had not expected.

I was also concerned about whether we would feel cramped, with the lounger taking up so much space.  We've had 5 of us in it at one time, and did not feel the least bit cramped.

Here are the jetpaks we got:

Trio - Really like this one - and would probably consider getting another that is similar (as opposed to the Neck Massuese)
Neckblaster - I keep this in the deepest seat.  The length of my torso does not allow me to get under the top of the pack in any other seats.  I would keep this one and not go w/ Neck Massuese.
Deep Relief - Really good deep massage
Spinal Health - Haven't used this one as much but the kids really like it
Rainshower - This one stays in the lounger, and it makes sense - more of a lighter, relaxing massage
Neck Massuese - ok

Frogger

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 03:39:25 pm »
Yeah I heard the jetpaks can be a bit loud (especially to converse) but I imagine that would be true for most spas. It is nice to have low power settings (or no power). A lot of ppl just like to soak with no power like you were saying. I bet its REALLY nice having those auxiliary controls so you don't have to go to the control panel for the jets every time. Personally that's a big reason why I went with the "A series"...that plus you get more jetpaks and lights.

Interesting info about the jetpaks and a side note to that...my dealer told me if you dont like a jetpak you have 30 days to trade it in for a different one. Since you like trio so much maybe you might like oscillator as well? Same jets but instead of going a horizontal direction they go vertical. I'm looking forward to my trio jetpak as well...I got neck masseuse too...I like the single pulse jets on that one and almost went with gyrosage jetpak. My jet packs are Neck Masseuse, Alleviate, Reliever, Pulsator, Trio. I only get five jetpaks because of the double lounger but we're good with that because we're into bicycling and need them for our legs.

Also, On Amazon we bought snap in plastic pouches for our phones. Yeah they're water resistant too but like the extra protection. Bought different colored plastic cups for those drink holders too...they really light up on those things! Plus don't want glass around the spa obviously...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:25:08 am by Frogger »

JoesTub

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 04:14:59 pm »
i bought a two-pack of the pouches as well for our phones, and bought one for my ipad.  That'll do till i figure out the projections screen (next year).  i'll be getting cups soon too, but also ordered a floating card table.  we have a couple we play euchre with regularly, so looking forward to that first hot tub card game.

thanks for the advice on the 30-day return.  I think i'll put them through the paces this week and then decide.  I'm wondering if we should've gone with one less, and gotten the waterfall though.

BW13

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 08:22:42 pm »
My A7L is coming on Sat and I've wondred about the lounger too.  How tall are you?  I'm 6ft2

JoesTub

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 08:38:57 pm »
My A7L is coming on Sat and I've wondred about the lounger too.  How tall are you?  I'm 6ft2

i'm 5'10" and if i push myself all the way into the seat, i don't quite reach the foot massagers, so i'll slide forward a bit when i want the extra pressure from them, or to brace myself on the top.  i've put on the Covid 10lbs, then about 10 more lbs, so at 220lbs, i was worried about floating out of the lounge - has not been an issue at all.

Happy to answer the questions - about to go jump in.

One more thing - i've read a lot about limiting the amount of time you spend in the hot tub, but i would regularly take 1.5-2hr baths with a glass of wiskey and watch netflix without a problem.  I always have a large tumbler of ice water, and if i finish that and become thirsty, that's my sign to get out.  I have it set at 103 degrees, and i'm pretty sure the bath temp is hotter than that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 03:49:50 pm by JoesTub »

Frogger

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 10:33:48 pm »
I'm going to do 2hr soaks...will have a tv out there!

Frogger

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 03:38:32 pm »
I knew it was too good to be true. No spa until next week sometime. But its coming sooooooon....i swear...lol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 03:38:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42