What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub base  (Read 1944 times)

Bg

Hot tub base
« on: September 03, 2020, 10:03:36 pm »
I am new to the hot tub game and trying to figure out what base to make for it. I have a huge concrete patio. The issue is that it is sloping away from the house and is not level. I really like the frame idea with gravel inside but can that be done on top of a concrete slab that isn’t level if I rip the frame to make it level and then also level with the gravel?

It’s either this or I build a small deck that bolts to the slab and wood is ripped the make it level.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub base
« on: September 03, 2020, 10:03:36 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot tub base
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 10:58:49 am »
I am new to the hot tub game and trying to figure out what base to make for it. I have a huge concrete patio. The issue is that it is sloping away from the house and is not level. I really like the frame idea with gravel inside but can that be done on top of a concrete slab that isn’t level if I rip the frame to make it level and then also level with the gravel?

It’s either this or I build a small deck that bolts to the slab and wood is ripped the make it level.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

How un-level is it over 8'?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 09:42:52 am »
Rigid foam. 1/4", 1/2", 3/4". level spa up on block to the correct height and slide in the foam starting small up to needed height for level. Cut/trim foam to match base and then you could trim the bottom with wood if you don't like the pink showing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 09:42:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42