What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub Rebranding  (Read 3854 times)

lugoismad

Hot tub Rebranding
« on: August 27, 2020, 07:14:24 pm »
I purchased a Mira M800NL hot tub, and had it delivered this past Tuesday.

http://www.mirahottubs.com/index.php/8-models/12-m800-nl

When doing some research, I really couldn't find much on Mira Hot Tubs at all.

What I ended up finding out was that it is identical to the Four Winds Bahama II.
https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/19c01999/files/uploaded/GrandBahama2_SpecSheet_NEW.pdf

The pictures are identical. And when you look at the display on our tub, it even says "Four Winds" on it.

And, doing some price comparison, it looks like I saved about $1500 compared to if I'd bought the Four Winds model.

I think this is one of those things like how mattress stores say "you can't beat our prices!", but they all sell rebranded stuff so no one else sells their models, so no, you can't beat their prices on that model, because that store is the only one that sells it.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub Rebranding
« on: August 27, 2020, 07:14:24 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Hot tub Rebranding
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 08:36:55 am »
And, doing some price comparison, it looks like I saved about $1500 compared to if I'd bought the Four Winds model.

I think this is one of those things like how mattress stores say "you can't beat our prices!", but they all sell rebranded stuff so no one else sells their models, so no, you can't beat their prices on that model, because that store is the only one that sells it.

But did you really save money? Are the internal components the same? Is the shell as thick? Is the warranty the same? One have less insulation than the other?

Plenty of manufacturers build tubs for several re-sellers.

You can buy a Kia for less than a Honda, are they the same?

Generally if you buy less expensive you end up with less something. Could be longevity.
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 04:53:16 pm »
I cannot speak to the manufacturers in question as I simply am not as familiar with them, but there are manufacturers that will vacuum form the molds for other manufacturers.  Thus - one company can form tons of acrylic shells and then sell said shells are sold to other manufacturers who in turn build out the rest of the spa. 

Dynasty Spas comes to mind for tubs, and Catalina Swim Spas comes to mind as well.

Just offering a different perspective.  Maybe the tubs have the same shells but two totally different guts/parts, etc.  Or sometimes a brand will offer the same product but under two separate names so that they can double-dip in the same market.  Artesian / Tropical Spas comes to mind.

Lots to unravel so you need to look deeper into the spa to really know what the actual differences are.

Hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Hot Tub SC

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 06:56:42 pm »
I purchased a Mira M800NL hot tub, and had it delivered this past Tuesday.

http://www.mirahottubs.com/index.php/8-models/12-m800-nl

When doing some research, I really couldn't find much on Mira Hot Tubs at all.

What I ended up finding out was that it is identical to the Four Winds Bahama II.
https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/19c01999/files/uploaded/GrandBahama2_SpecSheet_NEW.pdf

The pictures are identical. And when you look at the display on our tub, it even says "Four Winds" on it.

Hi.  We just purchased the Mira Reserve 800NL.   How are you enjoying the hot tub?  Are you glad you purchased this and is the quality okay or have you had any issues.  We have a refundable deposit down and its suppose to arrive in March.  Since as you know there is not much info, I was curious your honest opinion of the hot tub.  Thank You.

lugoismad

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 11:16:56 pm »

Hi.  We just purchased the Mira Reserve 800NL.   How are you enjoying the hot tub?  Are you glad you purchased this and is the quality okay or have you had any issues.  We have a refundable deposit down and its suppose to arrive in March.  Since as you know there is not much info, I was curious your honest opinion of the hot tub.  Thank You.

Yes. I am VERY happy with it. No isssues with quality. The control pad even says "Four Winds" on it when it turns on. Haven't had a single issue, and we enjoy it every day.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 07:47:40 am »
You know how you don't mention a rash for fear it may come back?  What was the Colorado brand that was rebranded Phoenix spas?   ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 10:42:45 am »
You know how you don't mention a rash for fear it may come back?  What was the Colorado brand that was rebranded Phoenix spas?   ;)

I thought we all agreed never to utter that product or the snake oil salesman? It was after all a haven for misinformation!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 10:42:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42