What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BullFrog add-ons  (Read 4628 times)

waterpro

BullFrog add-ons
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:49:49 pm »
Hi everyone, newbie here, but I've learned A LOT in the last week or so about hot tubs!

Having no experience at all with hot tubs, I was originally budgeting $6k for 6-7 person hot tub as that is what I typically saw in the Costco and Home Depot ads. After learning a little more about hot tubs though, I quickly realized that my $6k budget was garbage and I needed to double that if I wanted a quality hot tub that would last more than a year or two.

So with that said, I'm now looking at the BullFrog A7 and A8.  We really like having less plumbing and the fact that all the diverters are in the tub; just less places for the tub to potentially leak in the frame.  We also like the exchangeable jet pack system as well.

With all that said, my budget is now completely blown and I'm curious what add-ons need to be purchased up-front and installed by the factory versus which ones I can add-on at a later date.  We're looking at the following three upgrades:
  • Cloud Control 2 Wifi - $400 - I think this is an easy add-on, but not sure.  We'd much rather wait if we can on this to see if we really want it or not.
  • EOS™ ENHANCED O3 SYSTEM - $500 - Does anyone know if we can wait on this or does it need to be factory installed?
  • WellSrping Filtration Pump - $500 - Does anyone know if can we wait and install this ourselves?

Thanks everyone for any insight you have!

Hot Tub Forum

BullFrog add-ons
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:49:49 pm »

Frogger

Re: BullFrog add-ons
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 09:14:52 pm »
They told me cloud control can be added later. Not sure about the other two. Call any bullfrog dealer they'd know.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 11:52:12 am »
Cloud 2.0 can be easily installed by the customer after delivery if need be, the other (2) items are factory install only

waterpro

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 03:23:39 pm »
Thank you BullFrogSpasMN and Frogger!

Sam

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 01:38:45 pm »
You can add EOS after the fact but not the circulation pump

EvilFinster

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 07:17:15 pm »
I haven't done it yet (don't have my tub) but I read that you can buy the Gecko in.touch 2 - and it's the same thing?

About $175

Is in.touch 2 compatible with my spa ?
in.touch 2 is compatible with any spa equipped with Gecko’s Y and X series control systems manufactured in or after 2012. in.touch 2 connects in the Co port of these systems, or through the Co port of connected accessories like the in.mix 300.

https://geckointouch.com/faq-on-transmitters#compatibility

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 07:17:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42