What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO error and SCln message gecko - Spa not heating  (Read 3676 times)

krosemcd

FLO error and SCln message gecko - Spa not heating
« on: August 06, 2020, 08:09:51 am »
hi
I have a Gecko in.xe spa pack in a Hydropool Serenity SE5 hot tub.
Recently we had a couple of power cuts and since then the water is not heating.
On start up we get this message: 269, r1.
Usually it will start running - the jets work but sometimes when we switch jets to high setting they cut out and the system trips.  After a few seconds it resets, we get the message 269, r1, LL1, and the jets start again.  Then it shows SCLn, then Eco, and then the temperature.  The 3 bars show and the temperature icon flashes. When running on low jet it the two heating bars flash, we get FLO error code , temperature, time.
We think we may have air in the pipes as the pump nearest the control panel sounds noisy so have tried pumping the gate valves and loosening the union rings with the pumps running.  Have checked the filter which is ok, have run it without the filter in as well.

Hot Tub Forum

FLO error and SCln message gecko - Spa not heating
« on: August 06, 2020, 08:09:51 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: FLO error and SCln message gecko - Spa not heating
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 07:04:25 am »
There has been an issue coming up  as you describe that I have noticed recently on the low voltage side in the IN.XE 5 Gecko spa packs that have H4 in the part number...IN.XE 5 - 11- H4.0 . I have a circuit board repair guy that is able to fix the issue ($125.00 CAN) and will ask him next time I am talking with him for more information. In short the board can be and will have to either be repaired or replaced but repair is way cheaper and not likely you will be able to find a complete pack for a few months given the current situation.

krosemcd

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:12:43 am »
Thanks.  I'll check the part number.  Any further info would be very welcome although I am in the UK so don't know how much that changes things.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 07:55:04 pm »
I might be seeing my repair guy tomorrow and will ask for the fix. You will have to find a local circuit board repair shop to make the repairs. You will also have to remove the pack from the spa at some point.

krosemcd

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 06:34:35 am »
Had a look and my part number has H3.0 in it: IN.XE-3-11-H3.0.
Thanks. 

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 06:54:06 am »
Same issue though

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 11:16:40 am »
He says once the board is removed from the housing to look at the capacitors and you will see that they are bubbled over and slowing the flow of electricity going to the topside controller causing the error. He also suggests doing a full rebuild of the board by replacing all the relays to freshen up the board so you are not doing this again in a year or 2 with a stuck relay. He said a qualified repair service will see the blown caps right away and is an easy repair and under $200 CAN. It is worth a try as I said before finding a new Gecko IN.XE 5 pack might take months if the UK is anything like finding one in Canada.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 11:16:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42