What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera/Hotspring Manufacturing Question  (Read 3841 times)

Galaxybrooks

Caldera/Hotspring Manufacturing Question
« on: July 31, 2020, 08:51:30 am »
Hi, my better half and I ordered a custom Caldera Tahitian back in June. 

Local dealer put the order in a month ago but haven't heard if Watkins is back to fulfilling orders yet.

Anyone heard anything yet?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera/Hotspring Manufacturing Question
« on: July 31, 2020, 08:51:30 am »

castletonia

Re: Caldera/Hotspring Manufacturing Question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 12:17:16 pm »
Production resumed about a month ago for Caldera.  Could not comment on the lead time though.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 04:35:23 pm »
Hi, my better half and I ordered a custom Caldera Tahitian back in June. 

Local dealer put the order in a month ago but haven't heard if Watkins is back to fulfilling orders yet.

Anyone heard anything yet?

Thanks!

Pretty much what Castletonia said.  I currently have about 120 Hot Tubs on order.  Finally getting my first shipment in about two weeks but getting dating on orders has been painstakingly tough to do.  My first order coming doesn't match the first order I submitted which was all special orders.  Depending on your dealer and how many tubs they ordered my best guess for you would be between now and October frim what I hear and see

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 05:05:10 pm »
If that spa was ordered just a month ago based on what I'm hearing/seeing in the industry i'd be shocked if it showed up before Nov/December

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 09:14:09 pm »
If that spa was ordered just a month ago based on what I'm hearing/seeing in the industry i'd be shocked if it showed up before Nov/December

Watkins shut down ordering of new hot tubs until June 29. Flooded with orders on that day. 28 week lead times or so on new orders as of now. Orders placed on the 29th will hopefully start trickling in little by little.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 01:23:30 pm »
A good estimate is that if the order was placed the same day as the factory allowed orders, it should be there by November/ good chance before halloween.

It's up to your dealer to figure out when each PO is going into production, as they are spreading the orders out, and not allowing people who put the fastest orders in at 12:01am to get all the first production slots.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 02:50:50 pm »

Watkins shut down ordering of new hot tubs until June 29. Flooded with orders on that day. 28 week lead times or so on new orders as of now. Orders placed on the 29th will hopefully start trickling in little by little.

ya all the 'premium brands' seem to be in that 22-28 week range...I've heard Master is pumping out crap for their scammy road shows in about 8-10 weeks but like mentioned all the good stuff is a ways out

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 05:29:22 pm »

ya all the 'premium brands' seem to be in that 22-28 week range...I've heard Master is pumping out crap for their scammy road shows in about 8-10 weeks but like mentioned all the good stuff is a ways out

Same thing I’m hearing. Marquis though (other brand I carry) is out a year at this point. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on Wellis. Can’t find much info on them. Saw them at one of the shows last year but didn’t really take a good look

Red MC

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 01:09:17 pm »
My wife and I called New England dealers of pretty much every reputable brand out there in the first two weeks of July.  We had a couple of them tell us 6 or 8 weeks initially, which we didn't believe, and when we followed up and got a detailed quote the story changed to late Oct/early Nov.  Everyone else was pretty candid in saying November or later, with some saying next year.  We ordered from Saratoga on the 20th or 21st and got an estimated date of Nov 17, but we (and the dealer) are preparing for a winter delivery in the snow.  I will be gobsmacked if we see it in November.

Galaxybrooks

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 10:03:29 pm »
Thanks for all the input.  Really glad to hear everyone seems to agree Nov/Dec at the latest..just hoping it doesn't go into next year.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 07:13:46 am »
Manufacturing/production is limited but also the supply chain is breaking down. Spa packs, jets, filters, covers are all in limited supply and if one part doesn't show up in the amount needed then all stop. Any dealer giving estimates is dreaming/praying/hoping but reality is they have no idea. Based on the current situation in the US and Mexico things are only going to get even worse as time goes on. JMO

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 07:13:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42