What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Rhythm Questions  (Read 3035 times)

spladao

Hot Spring Rhythm Questions
« on: July 30, 2020, 12:57:15 pm »
Hey Hot Spring masters... :) I was told to ask specific questions in the brand name tub forums so kind of reiterating here...

Host Spring Rhythm:
I was looking at a Bullfrog X7 and X8. Sales guy was fine to show us this less expensive option as we were asking questions about jet strength, etc. I had told him that I wasn't sure if the X8 had powerful enough jets. He said this one had very powerful jets and was the #1 manufacturer and would sell it all day long. He said even though he touted the X8's minimal plumbing, and non-wood construction, this one, which has wood and the traditional plumbing (diverters), he'd sell it all day long because, "It's a Hot Spring". He kept going back to the "it's a Hot Spring". No circ pump. This one did not have water in it so we could not feel the jets, but did feel another Hot Spring model's jets. Hard to say if it's much more powerful than the X8. It's just weird I had been sold on certain things, then basically told... "but this is a Hot Spring!!" :)

Quoted: ~$7,100 + tax, including cover, lifter, steps, chemical kit, deliver and 18 months @ 0%.
Warranty: 2 years parts, 2 year labor
-Good Deal?

The wood construction makes me nervous (I live in Ohio - I hear weather / rodents... potential issue). The tub seemed a bit more shallow than the others we looked at too. Just curious what Hot Spring masters feel about this Rhythm.

We were also looking at the Bullfrog X7 or X8, Wellis Libra, and possibly now the Marquis V84.

Any thoughts would help, thanks!!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Rhythm Questions
« on: July 30, 2020, 12:57:15 pm »

Samuel

Re: Hot Spring Rhythm Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 02:09:00 pm »
Thats a heck of a deal for the Rhythm.. Definitely do a Hot Spring over a Bullfrog any day. We used to sell bullfrogs and the unfortunate part about it, is that the equipment is just not up top par. It's all Balboa, and while some people like balboa for it's convenience, the quality is not very good. Bullfrogs are an awesome idea, but thats about it. In all the years we sold bull frogs with our wall of jet packs, we never sold another one as an add on.. Bull frogs will give you the same pressure because all your really changing is the amount of holes coming out to the back. With hot springs it is nice because they are each individually made for one job, and thats hydrotherapy. Highly recommend the Rhythm, do the Flash if you can though, that one has twice the warranty, circ pump, and quite a few upgrades to the Rhythm.

Bliip

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 04:04:10 pm »
I have the Hot Spring Hot Shot Relay which is essentially the same as the Rhythm but with a lounge seat. I didn't have much experience prior to this tub and purchased it in the middle of the pandemic when they were all hard to come by. Mine was $7795 + tax with stairs and cover plus 1 year interest free. My observations are that the jets are plenty powerful and I actually have to lower them or switch seats off for my comfort. I did not want to spend more than this but I do wish it had some seat jets other than the lounger. It does have enough foot jets though. The control panel is in a convenient place when you are outside the tub but not inside. It is behind the waterfall and filter. 7 escutcheon plates and 2 plastic jet inserts have come off in my short time using this which I think is a design flaw. They are made to come off if necessary for cleaning but they shouldn't come off on their own with normal usage. My dealer said this is normal. The plastic jet inserts should definitely not. Right now I have been just popping these back on. The Frog@ease inline system is easy and works well but very expensive. I will eventually change to traditional methods. Overall I am satisfied  but I would have investigated more if they weren't so hard to get when I purchased it back in July.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 04:04:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42