What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Considering X8 or X7 - thoughts?  (Read 3776 times)

spladao

Considering X8 or X7 - thoughts?
« on: July 30, 2020, 12:47:46 pm »
Hey Bullfrog masters... :) I was told to ask specific questions in the brand name tub forums so kind of reiterating here...

We've been looking at the X8 Premier which is really impressive due to the size.
~$8,600 + tax, including cover, lifter, steps, circ pump insulation package, LED jet package, chemical kit, deliver and  18 months @ 0%)
Warranty: 5 years parts, 3 year labor

We were sold on the minimal plumbing and lack of diverter (as it's apparently a main source of leaks / issues). However, I wonder though if the jets are thus, less powerful than other comparable tubs since you can't easily pinpoint? What are some tubs that are comparable to the X7 or X8 that may have more powerful jets? We may look at the X7 to save some size in the backyard.

We were also looking at the Hot Spot Rhythm, Wellis Libra, and possibly now the Marquis V84.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Considering X8 or X7 - thoughts?
« on: July 30, 2020, 12:47:46 pm »

Frogger

Re: Considering X8 or X7 - thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 03:15:26 pm »
You sure you don't want to move up to the R series? The jetpacks are pretty cool and you can pick ones that  will help with your power concerns...meaning ones that don't require maximum gallons per minute usage. But yeah the R series is more money if that's a major priority

spladao

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 10:57:43 am »
You sure you don't want to move up to the R series? The jetpacks are pretty cool and you can pick ones that  will help with your power concerns...meaning ones that don't require maximum gallons per minute usage. But yeah the R series is more money if that's a major priority

I don't think it's worth the money to get the jet packs. It's a chunk more cost - my friend has the packs and after talking to him, I could glean it didn't seem worth the costs.

I guess I'm trying to determine if the X8 or X7's default jets are powerful enough as is. I can't imagine going through every friggin jet to manually turn them off in order to get more flow to one seat - that's just not practical. I'm just curious if X7 and X8 owners feel the jets, without a diverter system, are powerful enough. The lights, the size (of the X8 at least), etc - all that seems really nice. The warranty at 5 years parts, 3 years labor, seems reasonable. The dealer is the biggest one in the area. Probably (I would assume, due to size) has the best service of the different stores. I'm just struggling with the idea that we wouldn't have the ability to "control" jets as much with a Bullfrog X7 or X8 w/o the diverters.

Frogger

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 07:10:23 pm »
First off,  the X7 or X8 has the same two pumps per tub that the R series or A series have....mostly (a few spas have one pump or three pumps but the vast majority have two) So it comes down to the number of jets and type of jets you have running per pump. All jets arent equal nor are all jet layouts equal. Plus everyone has a different "feel" on what a powerful jet is. And with all due respect you are entirely off base about adjusting jetpaks not being practical.  One knob turns off an entire jetpack or half a jetpak depending on the model. That is a very good option to have if you don't need all the jetpaks running at once to ensure good power where you need it. With the jetpak system everything is customizable...its not a nuisance but a big plus.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:13:55 pm by Frogger »

spladao

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 01:05:38 pm »
I think you are confusing what I was saying...

What I was saying was, w/o a diverter system, in the X7 or X8, to "adjust" jets, we'd need to manually turn off each individual jet in the tub to potentially get more flow to where we may be sitting. Since there's no jetpack in the X series, we were told we'd turn off and on EACH jet (not jet pack, since there isn't one) individually and they showed us how to do that.

I don't think spending the extra dough on the pack was worth it based on the other tubs in the same price range and features we were looking at. But I of course could be wrong and absolutely, it's all about feel. I was curious how everyone was feeling about theirs. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 01:05:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42