What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spot Relay and Cover  (Read 1966 times)

Bliip

Hot Spot Relay and Cover
« on: July 24, 2020, 09:49:37 am »
I just purchased a Hot Spot Relay via brochure because there were none in the showroom. It is coming with a COVERCRADLE COVER LIFTER in which the specs says it protrudes 3" from each side and needs 24" of clearance to open. Does anyone know if 24" from a structure is comfortable sufficient or is more clearance suggested. Also if it protrudes 3" can I place the tub 6" from a structure on that side. If anyone has this spa, how do you like it

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spot Relay and Cover
« on: July 24, 2020, 09:49:37 am »

castletonia

Re: Hot Spot Relay and Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 10:14:32 pm »
24" is sufficient.  If you want to avoid the cover from possibly brushing agains whatever surface is behind it then allow an extra inch of clearance.  You would be fine to have only 6" of clearance on a side.  The CoverCradle would have to be installed prior to the hot tub being placed and then slid over.  Only concern would be is when it comes time to replace the cover there wouldn't be enough clearance to screw/unscrew the Covercradle from the cover.

I'm a Hot Spring dealer, not a Relay owner.  I only had one 2020 Relay prior to everything being shut down and the customer I sold it to loves the hot tub.  I was impressed with the 2020 redesign.  I think you'll like the hot tub.

Bliip

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 01:51:52 pm »
Thank you, Okay then maybe I'll do 25" for cover and 10-12" for side to be able to get to cover hinge and mechanism. Do you think that is sufficient?

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:23:13 pm »
25" is perfect for the back of the hot tub.  If you can, I would personally leave more space on the sides so that you can actually walk between the hot tub and whatever the structure is.  That way there is enough space to walk, blow leaves, shovel snow if your in a colder climate and if there is ever the need to remove that side panel for service it can be done without draining and moving the hot tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:23:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42