What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is Jacuzzi A bad brand now? Also considering Bullfrog and Marquis  (Read 2041 times)

JuleeM13

Hi. We have narrowed down our hot tub search to Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, and Marquis.

All prices include delivery, cover/lift, steps and cash discount.

Bullfrog X8 $7279

Jacuzzi 365 $8469

Bullfrog R8 $9259

Marquis V94L $9600

We wet tested all of them (or similar models in the same line) and I was surprised that the Jacuzzi seems to have the most of what we want for almost the best price. The jets were for sure the strongest and we loved the variety of jets and seats. However after reading this and other forums, it seems Jacuzzi has developed a not so great reputation since they were sold. Do they really suck now in terms of quality? I'm also concerned about the expense of repair down the road with the proprietary and Chinese parts since I have heard that referred to negatively here. What are people's concerns with manufacturing being in Mexico? Quality?

I should point out that Jacuzzi and Bullfrog are both from the same dealer (Great Escape, a large pool/spa chain in the midwest) and the Marquis is from a small local dealer with a good rep. Overall I would probably rather go with the smaller dealer but they only have 1 tub until 2021 and it isn't the color we want.

Honestly we really liked all of them and would be happy with any. Each have their pros and cons, but I'm just trying to determine if we should knock the Jacuzzi out of the running based on them not being as good as they used to be.

I hate $9000 decisions! Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Is Jacuzzi A bad brand now? Also considering Bullfrog and Marquis
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 10:43:38 am »
Jacuzzi makes a great tub still. You dissenting reviews will come from competing dealers.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 02:41:18 pm »
Yeah, Jacuzzi makes a great product and if it best meets your needs, go for it. 

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 06:56:37 pm »
All good brands.  Buy the hot tub that meets your needs the most and from the dealer you trust the most.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 06:56:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42