What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Spas-Horrible Customer Service  (Read 3346 times)

Mjerila

Artesian Spas-Horrible Customer Service
« on: June 29, 2020, 03:43:05 pm »
My dealer is has been closed for two days now.  I am having a problem with my brand new spa!!!  The jets don’t stay on.  My jet 1 is suppose to have 2 speeds and it is only giving me 1 speed. 

I called Artesian Spas.  What a joke!!!  No customer service!!!!  They won’t even talk to me!!!!  What kind of company is that.  They say they don’t have that department, but my dealer can get that department????   So they lie to me now!!!

Anyone experience this type of poor customer service from Artesian or with your spa company???

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Spas-Horrible Customer Service
« on: June 29, 2020, 03:43:05 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Artesian Spas-Horrible Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 04:33:28 pm »
The local dealer is responsible for service, I don't think all manufacturers have a consumer based tech support line, good news is it sounds like you still have low speed so the spa should circulate and heat until you can get your local dealer out.

swilly1000

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 06:05:53 pm »
My dealer is has been closed for two days now.  I am having a problem with my brand new spa!!!  The jets don’t stay on.  My jet 1 is suppose to have 2 speeds and it is only giving me 1 speed. 

I called Artesian Spas.  What a joke!!!  No customer service!!!!  They won’t even talk to me!!!!  What kind of company is that.  They say they don’t have that department, but my dealer can get that department????   So they lie to me now!!!

Anyone experience this type of poor customer service from Artesian or with your spa company???

Horrible customer service?  Good God look around you. The hot tub and pool industry can't keep up with unbelievable unanticipated demand because of cacooning caused by COVID but it has to be all about your two day wait for service while they are closed.

Your dealer is your primary point of contact.  Talk to them. If you're losing your s**t over a two day closure when there's a pandemic all around you - especially if you live in the United States of COVID Revival - I wouldn't want to be that dealer who has to take your call.

Artesian is a great brand.  You will get taken care of.  Stop over reacting, jumping to knee-jerk conclusions and chill out. Holy crap.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:44:17 am by swilly1000 »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:18:01 pm »

Horrible customer service?  Good God look around you. The hot tub and pool industry can't keep up with unbelievable unanticipated demand because of cacooning caused by COVID but it has to be all about your two day wait for service while they are closed.

Your dealer is your primary point of contact.  Talk to them. If you're losing your s**t over a two day closure when there's a pandemic all around you - especially if you live in the United States of COVID Revival, I wouldn't want to be that dealer who has to take your call.

Artesian is a great brand.  You will get taken care of.  Stop over reacting, jumping to knee-jerk conclusions and chill out. Holy crap.

Pretty much my first thought as well. Glad I didn’t sell that one!

swilly1000

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 08:43:00 am »
Edit
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:49:27 am by swilly1000 »

Mjerila

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 01:24:13 pm »
Customer Service is about helping customers with issues/problems when there is a problem or issue.  I’m new to this spa world and just spent a year saving up $8K to buy something.  I have expectations when it comes to Customer Service.  I’m sorry you don’t.  Maybe you $8K isn’t a big deal to you.  I’m a Disabled Vet with a fixed income.  This was a difficult to achieve, but needed to do this so I can get therapy at home.

When I go to use my spa for the first time, it is alarming when I have a problem, no manual, my retailer isn’t available and nothing seems to be going right.  I find a website  and attempt to register my spa, but can’t get down to the ground to read the S/N.  Had to call a neighbor to take a picture of it.  Then their website kept telling me the S/N and Model# don’t match.  Thinking what the heck is going on and no one to talk to.

I find a phone number and call the manufacturer and they don’t want to help me and even told me they have that department that can help, but only Dealers can get help from them and I have to call my dealer!  I tried to explain the story and that my Dealer is closed, etc, but not willing to help at all.  They hung up on me even.  Then when I called back, I was told they will not help and only the dealer can get there help. 

Calling back a few times, they finally connected me to the nexessary department.  They explained that they do help customers directly, not a regular basis, but like in my case they will help, because the dealer was closed.  He listened and solves my problem.  Explained that new spas have timers on the spas that turn off after 15-30 mins based upon the manufacturer.  Okay, easy fix.  Jets use was confusing, kinda explained how that works and I was explained they don’t have manuals (hard copies) and He emailed me an electronic version.  The Manager explained to me that the receptionist should have know, because she worked in that department prior.

So, if you don’t have expectations for customer service, go for you.  I bet somewhere in your past or in your future will understand.  If not, that is fine too.  I’m glad you didn’t sell me the spa. Cause I probably would have gone somewhere else and they would have made my money and not you.  So we are in agreement that neither of us will ever need to work together.  You’re probably one of those agents who give poor customer service.  Now that we are seeing eye-to-eye.  Have a great day and I wish you great success in whatever it is you do!!!

Thank you for the response and your candor response.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 07:22:43 pm »
Customer Service is about helping customers with issues/problems when there is a problem or issue.  I’m new to this spa world and just spent a year saving up $8K to buy something.  I have expectations when it comes to Customer Service.  I’m sorry you don’t.  Maybe you $8K isn’t a big deal to you.  I’m a Disabled Vet with a fixed income.  This was a difficult to achieve, but needed to do this so I can get therapy at home.

When I go to use my spa for the first time, it is alarming when I have a problem, no manual, my retailer isn’t available and nothing seems to be going right.  I find a website  and attempt to register my spa, but can’t get down to the ground to read the S/N.  Had to call a neighbor to take a picture of it.  Then their website kept telling me the S/N and Model# don’t match.  Thinking what the heck is going on and no one to talk to.

I find a phone number and call the manufacturer and they don’t want to help me and even told me they have that department that can help, but only Dealers can get help from them and I have to call my dealer!  I tried to explain the story and that my Dealer is closed, etc, but not willing to help at all.  They hung up on me even.  Then when I called back, I was told they will not help and only the dealer can get there help. 

Calling back a few times, they finally connected me to the nexessary department.  They explained that they do help customers directly, not a regular basis, but like in my case they will help, because the dealer was closed.  He listened and solves my problem.  Explained that new spas have timers on the spas that turn off after 15-30 mins based upon the manufacturer.  Okay, easy fix.  Jets use was confusing, kinda explained how that works and I was explained they don’t have manuals (hard copies) and He emailed me an electronic version.  The Manager explained to me that the receptionist should have know, because she worked in that department prior.

So, if you don’t have expectations for customer service, go for you.  I bet somewhere in your past or in your future will understand.  If not, that is fine too.  I’m glad you didn’t sell me the spa. Cause I probably would have gone somewhere else and they would have made my money and not you.  So we are in agreement that neither of us will ever need to work together.  You’re probably one of those agents who give poor customer service.  Now that we are seeing eye-to-eye.  Have a great day and I wish you great success in whatever it is you do!!!

In hopes of trying to explain things from a manufacturer's point of view - If you buy a Ford Truck or Chevy Camero, you do not call Ford or Chevy directly when you have issues.  That is not the point of those companies.  They are manufacturers, not retailers.

I understand your frustration but look beyond your anger and try and look towards a resolution in constructive ways.  This is not an issue with Artesian but rather your dealer.  Please understand that most hot tub companies are 6 months behind on orders, and retailers are absolutely getting hammered as everyone is home right now and wanting their pool or spa installed or fixed.

You appealed to our emotions with your personal experience.  Allow us to appeal to your emotions that we are people too.  We are all working our butts off to help everyone. 

I understand your frustration.  I do.  I work for a manufacturer and I get these calls all the time.  It sounds like the dealer didn't do their best with their explanation of how the tub works.  Please be mindful that we all have to be patient during this COVID-19 world.  Places that were closed are now slowly opening, but maybe they are not back at full staff.  They do this while risking their health and safety.  Maybe the factories are not back at full staff (mine aren't totally yet), so please understand that this is not anything personal against you. 

This is a forum to for help.  Please be respectful, as I would have wished the other posters would have also been respectful as if they were standing in front of you and not hiding behind anonymous online handles, and talking in a manner that is reductive and not working towards a solution to your problem.

If you want to give a bit more information on your issues, with full input of info and context, there are some pretty sharp people on here who would be glad to help.  In the grand scheme of things, please note that this is a hot tub and you are able to use it for the most part.   This is a leisure item.  You're healthy and living and things are ok.  This is not at all worth getting this worked up about.  It didn't go perfect but it will get there if you just have some patience.   Let us try and help you out.

swilly1000

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 08:02:53 am »

This isn't about bad customer service, it's about entitlement to immediate gratification that is all too prevalent these days.  And a lack of patience, and appreciation of context.

And by the way I gave you the answer you were looking for here, before you lost your s**t:

https://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,25116.0.html
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:15:56 am by swilly1000 »

Sam

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 01:20:47 pm »
Good analogy above.  When I had a problem with my washing machine, I didn't call LG.  I called the place that I bought it from.  If they were closed, I would have been slightly annoyed.  When I had an issue with my car, I didn't call Volkswagen.  I waited until my dealer was open and called them. 

As a manufacturer, Artesian is not set up to deal directly with the public.  That said, I wish they would do a better job of accommodating these types of situations and they should have just tried to help you.  It's one of my few complaints about Artesian.  Otherwise, they are a fantastic company that builds great hot tubs.

Best part about all of this is that there wasn't even a problem lol.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 02:01:49 pm »
Good analogy above.  When I had a problem with my washing machine, I didn't call LG.  I called the place that I bought it from.  If they were closed, I would have been slightly annoyed.  When I had an issue with my car, I didn't call Volkswagen.  I waited until my dealer was open and called them. 

As a manufacturer, Artesian is not set up to deal directly with the public.  That said, I wish they would do a better job of accommodating these types of situations and they should have just tried to help you.  It's one of my few complaints about Artesian.  Otherwise, they are a fantastic company that builds great hot tubs.

Best part about all of this is that there wasn't even a problem lol.

Manufacturers have hundreds of customer service reps, they're called dealers. If manufacturers were to sell only on-line and had no local presence THEN they would need to have the customer service in-house but we all know how well that model has worked for customers.

Dealers know the product having sold and delivered it and they're best set up to care for the local customer. The manufacturer should have manuals on line but otherwise their job is to make sure they have capable and caring dealers while supplying those dealers with the parts, training, info ... needed to service their customers.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 07:47:04 pm »

So your retailer was closed. Did you try emailing?  No owners manual?  I just found everyone one for Artesian in a about 10 seconds looking online. I’m guessing when you bought your tub you were aware of there store hours. Apparently a day is too long for some people

swilly1000

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 04:43:18 am »
Part of me wants to just let this go, but another part demands accountability for one's actions.

What is disturbing about this is that the OP is drawing conclusions ("Horrible customer sevice") based on a tiny ("closed for two days") window of experience.  That tub is going to be around for over ten years.  It is, plain and simple, irresponsible to draw that conclusion from such a tiny breadth of experience.

The willingness to so quickly tar and smear the reputation of the dealer/manufacturer because the OP didn't consult easy to find resources like an owner's manual or read the answer to his/her question even in this forum is a huge red flag of selfish.   Me, me wants it now!!!!  Insert pic of crying toddler here.

That he/she inflamed the post with exclamation points and plays the disabled vet card makes it even worse.  Totally about him/her and damn the consequences of the slur.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:12:44 am by swilly1000 »

Mjerila

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 01:11:38 pm »
Swilly1000:
I appreciate your comment and trying to explain things rationally.  If the manufacturer is closed the same 2 days (I.e. Sat/Sun), we wouldn’t be talking and so would have been a happy customer, even with the problems. 

There was a little more to the story and thius maybe it isn’t fair on my part nor fair that I didn’t explain my full story.  I had actually bought a Hot Springs Spa from a local fair.  I had 12 months to finalize my cash purchase for the dealer to honor the price guarantee.  I went in a few weeks back and paid cash for my purchase.  Now just had to wait for the delivery.  I get a call from the owner and he wants me to make an immediate decision over the phone.  My spa manufacturer was still closed and it was unknown when they would open or when my spa will be made and delivered. 

He tells me about some Tropic Seas spa, I tried to research it, within 10 minutes.  All I found was the manufacturer’s website.  Didn’t tell me much.  However, the owner says it’s an upgrade but for the same price.  Okay, tried to trust him.  Still continued to research, found a few places that referred to this new spa as Artesian.  Continued to research Artesian Spas, but couldn’t find it listed in anybody’s lists of Too 10-20.  But read an article here and there about how good it is suppose to be.

I get my spa and get it hooked up.  I did not get any manual for the spa and the Electrician was having difficulty getting the connection to work, the wiring was a little different from what was pictured.  I start using my spa, the first time and it stops working and the jets don’t seem to be working properly.  I seemed out the Manufacturer’s website to find answers, but didn’t find.  I found a message them, which I filled out, twice and no response.  Then I saw that I can register my spa online.  Attempted to do that, but it would not allow me to register it because it says that the S/N and Model #s don’t match their system?

So here I am with something I have no clue about, being told it is an upgrade, it is super good, but it stopped working within about 10 minutes of using it, I message them twice and can’t seem to register it cause the #s are not working.  What the heck did I buy.  Try to understand my frustration.  So I wait til Monday, my Dealer is closed and so cant talk to them.  I seemed out the Dealer.  I explained my situation and I was told that they can’t help me and it has to be my dealer I talk to and only my dealer can call them and get help.  They don’t have a Dept for customers to get help, but the dealer can call that Dept to get help for the customers.  I tried to explain that my dealer was closed and need some help.  The receptionist wasn’t having any of that.  Picture my frustration as a whole.  I got hung up, cause I cursed about the situation.  I called back and maintained my persistence and place on hold for 20 mins, before I called back again.  I was place on a brief hold, and then told that they will get me to that dept.  please understand that I had already, stated my beef here regarding my experience.  When I get back to the Manager of that Dept, they were helpful and actually explained to me that they do and can take calls from customers and the receptionist should have known since she worked in that dept prior. 

In some sense my complaint had some validity to it, since the receptionist did not understand the protocol.

With that said, some referred my situation to buying a car..  The car isn’t working we call the dealer shop.  If the shop isn’t open we ask the dealer to see if they can help.  Calling the Manifacturer, wouldn’t work, since they are closed, for the most part when the dealer is closed.  However, if the manufacturer was open on weekends and the shop wasn’t, I would try to call them if my new car stopped working.  After all, our new items shouldn’t stop working on the first day.

Since then, I talked to my Dealer and they are new to Artesian and learned a lot from my experience too, but when they are closed , there is no additional hotline to call, but the Manufacturer.

Again, thanks for listening and you candor.  Thank You... 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 01:11:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42