What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying an Artesian Island Series, and need advice from experts!  (Read 2537 times)

kelclsub

I've done a lot of research, and have landed on the Artesian Island series for the best bang for the buck. I am going with the Isla Margarita to have the size to handle friends over with plenty of space, and also to give my kids something to swim around in (dropping the temp. to 98/99 of course for that purpose). I'm hoping to put the order in tomorrow, but wanted to get feedback from the forum on a few items I'm torn on. I have wet tested the Artesian (Cayman and Tahiti), but unfortunately, the places in my area don't have a Isla Margarita OR an Elite tub for me to try (or even a tub with footblasters). So, here are my questions:

1) Elite vs Regular. I'm going to be using the lounger when alone, but probably one of the two captains chairs when my husband is in the tub. I want a nice relaxing massage, but will probably never want a true "beat to death" experience. I've had some salesmen tell me that you're getting the same power with the Elite, but you get more control in the captains chairs. I totally want that! However, I've been told by some salesmen that you sacrifice jet power in those Captains chairs to get that control in the Elite. They explain that the elite and regular have the same total horsepower, but you're losing one large 3 HP continuous pump to gain 2x1.5 horsepower pumps...so that in the regular, the two captains chairs are splitting that 3 HP with a diverter, giving you the potential to have the full 3HP in one Captain chair...but in the elite, each captains chair is capped at it's individual power flow pump of 1.5HP. So, you're paying more money for control, but won't be able to get an adequate powerful massage when you want it. To this, the former salesman group (fans of elite) tells me I'll never feel the difference between 1.5HP and 3 HP in the Captains chair. As a side note to this elite vs. regular issue, I wonder if in the regular, my husband wants to turn the diverter down from his "half" of 1.5 HP, that would push the power to my seat, and if I also want less than 1.5...you're stuck dialing the jets to lower pressure?? Or whatever the air buttons do? I've read that diverters is the tried and true, but the control in the elite is alluring! Also, not sure if elite vs. regular affects the lounger at all? HELP!! I don't want to get the elite here, and feel disappointed with the massage, but I also don't want to pass up on the Elite if it's going to still give that same level of massage with some additional features.

2) Footblasters. I haven't been able to try it (none in my area), so it's hard to make this decision. Some salesmen tell me that the footblasters are like larger shower heads with nodules and don't give a good massage, I'm better off sticking with the small 1.5" jets around the small footwell bump in the regular margarita. Some salesman (and forum posts) say that footblasters are a GREAT massage, and a definite great choice! I'm sure it's personal preference, but any ideas on this? I also read you need to make sure to have a dedicated pump for the footblasters, and I assume the Margarita Elite has this? Not sure about the regular when you upgrade to footblasters?

3)Purification. I'm not sure the difference between the diamond and crystal AOP, and when the frog @ease is automatic or is an option... and the "nature's 2"...I was told they would include "Optix AOP/Sanitizer," and I'm not sure what that means!! I asked and he said it was the "options are there, nothing will beat AOP with Nature's 2," but since he chose not to use the terminology "diamond," I'm guessing that's better than what I'm getting??

Side note: I've been quoted $12010, $12716, and $12726 for the regular margarita with dynabrite lighting, tranquility and pillow falls, ABS, Optix AOP/sanitizer, steps/cover/install/chemical (first two won't charge tax) and $12712 and $13041 for the margarita elite with the same upgrades (won't charge tax).

Thank you!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:33:35 pm by kelclsub »

Hot Tub Forum

Sam

Re: Buying an Artesian Island Series, and need advice from experts!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 01:41:49 pm »
1.  That is true about the elite vs. regular.  Go regular.  The diverter is nice to full power to one of the seats.

2.  Footblasters are a must have.  They are sorta correct about the shower nozzle thing, but if you don't get the clear light up ones, they can be removed.  With the jet nozzles removed it's a crazy powerful vortex that is amazing.

3.  Crystal AOP is the ozone with mixing chamber system.  It's my favorite of all the options.  Also, who wants to mess with changing a UV bulb.  Inline @ease is an option.  When combined with the crystal aop, it's my favorite system out there. 

Those are good prices by the way.

kelclsub

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 02:05:53 pm »
1.  That is true about the elite vs. regular.  Go regular.  The diverter is nice to full power to one of the seats.

2.  Footblasters are a must have.  They are sorta correct about the shower nozzle thing, but if you don't get the clear light up ones, they can be removed.  With the jet nozzles removed it's a crazy powerful vortex that is amazing.

3.  Crystal AOP is the ozone with mixing chamber system.  It's my favorite of all the options.  Also, who wants to mess with changing a UV bulb.  Inline @ease is an option.  When combined with the crystal aop, it's my favorite system out there. 

Thank you!! With the elite vs. regular debate...my husband likes the idea of having the controls right next to his seat...do you think we'll truly feel the difference in massage and be disappointed in the Elite (if we're not 'beat me up' types)?

Artesian tech service says that although the regular has a larger more powerful pump going to those seats, the pipe has to travel to those seats from the front of the tub, whereas the smaller pumps in the Elite are directly behind the chairs and pumped right in so that you don't feel a difference in power.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:34:05 pm by kelclsub »

swilly1000

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 09:18:21 am »
You're massage and foot blaster questions scream for a wet test.  Other people's opinions are good to get but only you know how much you're going to like the feel.

BTW  I totally agree on the foot blasters.  Must have.

kelclsub

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 11:56:24 am »
You're massage and foot blaster questions scream for a wet test.  Other people's opinions are good to get but only you know how much you're going to like the feel.

I wanted to, but they don't have a model with footblasters (or elite) in my area. So disappointing! I was only able to try the Tahiti and Cayman (regular). Do you have the footblasters from Artesian? Do you have Elite?

Sam

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 12:30:07 pm »

Thank you!! With the elite vs. regular debate...my husband is obsessed with having the controls right next to his seat...do you think we'll truly feel the difference in massage and be disappointed in the Elite (if we're not 'beat me up' types)?

Artesian tech service says that although the regular has a larger more powerful pump going to those seats, the pipe has to travel to those seats from the front of the tub, whereas the smaller pumps in the Elite are directly behind the chairs and pumped right in so that you don't feel a difference in power.

While true, you will still notice a difference.  If I were buying one I would not get the elite.

Red MC

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 12:30:28 pm »
We have an Artesian Emerald, which was from their old Gold Class and has since been replaced by the very similar Grand Cayman.  We compared it against the old Piper Glen, which was almost the same configuration.  In our model, each of the two larger pumps (6bhp/3hp) is plumbed to a diverter which feeds two corner seats.  One of them also feeds a side seat, but we usually keep the jets closed there, so it's just two corner seats per pump.  In the Piper Glen, each corner seat had its own 3bhp/1.5hp pump.  When wet testing, we noticed that if the diverters in the Emerald were set to provide equal flow to two corner seats, the jet pressure would be about the same or slightly less than we got in the Piper Glen.  However, the diverters give you the option of concentrating all the flow from one of the larger pumps into one seat.  So I think the answer to your question is that you can get a stronger massage from the regular Isla Margarita in one seat if you sacrifice the other.  I know they've redesigned the lines since we purchased, but they're still using the same pumps and jets with variable flow control, so I believe our observations should still hold true.

On the other hand, we thought the Piper Glen provided adequate jet pressure, stronger than some other brands we tested, and enough to give me itchy back after a while.  In our Emerald, we occasionally set the diverter to give a little more flow to one side or the other when one of us wants a mellow massage and the other wants a strong massage, but we never divert all to one side because it's overkill and uncomfortable.  DirectFlow is nice because you can dial-in just the jet pressure you want without leaving your seat or affecting anyone else.  In the Emerald, it requires me to manipulate the combination of diverter and variable speed control and coordinate with my wife to make sure we're both happy.  DirectFlow can also save energy in circumstances where you'd otherwise be running jets in an unoccupied seat.  On the other hand, there's more pumps and controls to potentially fail.

Regarding the foot blasters, I prefer the foot dome.  The smaller jets in the foot dome are higher pressure and you can put your feet right up against them and target the pressure where you want.

swilly1000

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 04:53:25 am »

I wanted to, but they don't have a model with footblasters (or elite) in my area. So disappointing! I was only able to try the Tahiti and Cayman (regular). Do you have the footblasters from Artesian? Do you have Elite?

I have a Master Spa TS 8.25.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 04:53:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42