What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Grandee owner with a question  (Read 1963 times)

Thumper807

New Grandee owner with a question
« on: June 22, 2020, 07:59:25 am »
Hey Folks,
Just pulled the trigger on a new Hot Springs Grandee tub, installed and up and running now for about 4 days.  Had a question so thought I would post here to see if I could get some opinions.

The tub heated up nicely from 59 degrees to set temp (100 degrees) within 10-11 hours, was very impressed.  However, at that time we turned on the pumps and jumped in I noticed the temp continued to climb, think it got to 102.  Secured the pumps and came out the next morning and it was at correct temperature, but as soon as we turned the pumps on and got in the temp climbed again.  I turned down the setting (95) but temps remained high.  It appears the pumps add significant heat to the water.  I removed the access panel and was surprised at how hot the motors seem to run, couldn't keep my hand on them.  In my searching on the web so far, that seems typical.  Just surprised that they heat up the water that much and I hadn't seen that posted during my research.  Does my experience seem typical?

Hot Tub Forum

New Grandee owner with a question
« on: June 22, 2020, 07:59:25 am »

castletonia

Re: New Grandee owner with a question
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 08:13:42 am »
If you are in a warm climate and/or direct sunlight, its possible.  The motor heat is vented back into the insulation to recycle some of that heat.  I had a customer question me on this last year and I did an experiment with my display model Grandee.  Our showroom was 68 degrees and the hot tub set to 100.  I turned on both jet pumps, kept the cover on and let them run for the two hours before they shut off automatically.  The temp climbed from 100 up to 109 even though it was still set to 100.

Thumper807

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:21:13 pm »
Thanks for the info.  Tub sits under the deck (out of sun) and days have been in the upper 70's to lower 80's.  We now have the temp set on 96 and after about an hour it raises the temp to 98.... so 2 degrees/hr it seems... that is quite a lot.
I also noticed the front right external corner of the tub (when facing the front) gets warm.  I can see that seems to be where the pumps ventilation discharges.

so.... I guess this is right/ok?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:21:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42