What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Waterfall Question  (Read 7672 times)

bradleyabell

Bullfrog Waterfall Question
« on: February 19, 2019, 02:34:04 pm »
This may be a dumb question...But I'll ask anyway.  I have a Bullfrog X8L - Is there any possible way to have the waterfall be running without having either set of pump jets be on?  Seems like that breaks the point of having the "calming" waterfall, if the only way to run it is to run it when the noisy jets are running.  I haven't figured it out if it is even possible.  Let me know!  Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Waterfall Question
« on: February 19, 2019, 02:34:04 pm »

swilly1000

Re: Bullfrog Waterfall Question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:22:11 pm »
Have you thought about a hamster and a wheel?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 07:10:44 am »
This may be a dumb question...But I'll ask anyway.  I have a Bullfrog X8L - Is there any possible way to have the waterfall be running without having either set of pump jets be on?  Seems like that breaks the point of having the "calming" waterfall, if the only way to run it is to run it when the noisy jets are running.  I haven't figured it out if it is even possible.  Let me know!  Thanks in advance!

A jet pump pushes to much water to have it all go through just the water fall. There will need to be a least a few jets along with the water fall.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 07:49:48 am »

A jet pump pushes to much water to have it all go through just the water fall. There will need to be a least a few jets along with the water fall.

Thank for the info - Seems to kill the point of the "tranquility" sound of the waterfall. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:21:32 am »
 If you had a circ pump it would be possible.

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 12:50:45 pm »

I do have a circ. pump.  I have 2 jet pumps plus a circ. pump.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 05:07:23 pm »

Now we need a BF guy. The circ pump is likely outleted in the foot well?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 09:30:18 pm »

You could do it then, but it would be a pain in the a--.   You would have to splice into the circ pump return line to the spa, with I think a 3/4" T.  Run a 3/4" line to the back and tie it in to the waterfall, and cap off/plug the line running from pump one.   Of course now that I told you that, I will have to kill you.   ;)   Honestly not sure it would be worth it, but it could theoretically be done.

bud16415

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 11:36:02 pm »
The way Caldera solved the problem in my Geneva was to put the waterfall on the two speed pump. That pump also runs jets but there is a diverter to a large jet called whirlpool with the diverter flipped and the pump on low it runs the waterfall and also gently causes the water to circle around inside the tub. It is not dead quiet but really low for sitting and talking it is perfect plus the gentle motion of the water is very relaxing. We use it in that mode quite a bit when we have guests over and are just sitting and talking.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 12:21:36 am »
 Many companies like Jacuzzi/Sundance finally ran the waterfall via the circ pump.   BF has not yet figured it out yet, and not from a lack of verbal abuse from me.  I swear, some of the egg heads at many companies, would do better if they listened to the techs and sales people in the field on how to build a spa.  Not everything but little shit.

Asha

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 08:38:14 pm »
For the longest time I thought the same thing with my x8.  I have been able to minimize the sound of the jets by turning each pack off while still running the pump used for the waterfall.  I then only turn on the waterfall by using the top low profile knob that’s extreamly stiff to turn just below the waterfall.  I probably also use the foot jets and might have cracked open the jet pack connected to the waterfall.  It’s been a while since I’ve done this but it is possible to achieve primary just the sound from the waterfall

Asha

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 08:47:32 pm »
Sorry I feel bad.  I just realized we have different tubs.  Same make but different features

Davekro

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2023, 01:03:51 pm »
[Resurrecting a 2019 discussion]

The 2023 Bullfrog A6L- Select Trim has a separate tiny pump for the waterfall.
1) Does the wiring, plumbing and software allow running the waterfall all by itself via the touch screen control panel. Meaning, with no filtration or Jets running from either Jet Pump unless it needs to cycle on temporarily (at low speed), as heating is needed?
2) If #1 is yes.... I'm sure that I am dreaming to think that if running just the waterfall, that the EOS system would be wired & plumbed to run and ozone would be circulating during 'Just waterfall' periods. It would be total mushroom fantasy land that you could schedule the water fall say to run for an hour twice a day, so ozone could be circulated 4 times per day (twice on Jet Pump filter/ozone cycle and twice on the Unicorn programmable water fall pump cycle. ;)  ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/199746734@N04/53429040131/in/dateposted-public/

When I was checking out the equipment area of the Bullfrog A6L- Select Trim floor model I will be buying, I noticed a very small, maybe 2.5" dia. pump on the far right side, bottom. Goulds Water Technology 35 W (so .047, ≈1/20 HP), 29 PSI (picture linked abve). The salesman did not know what it was for. With a bit of Googling, I found it was for the waterfall.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 01:08:47 pm by Davekro »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2023, 01:03:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42