What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Bullfrog order, how long???  (Read 21788 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: New Bullfrog order, how long???
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2020, 03:41:55 pm »
First of all I'm sorry to hear that you got pushed back again... Partly because it sucks for you but also because it might mean mine is further out to...

With that, I'm going to reach out to my dealer for an update which I'll share here.

My initial thought is that if I call and my date indeed is pushed back (it should if we're being told the same given our orders were set the same time) I'm going to be pissed at my dealer as they would've lied in telling me that my tub went into production 7/9. Which would be the first clear lie they'd told, likely meant to keep me hanging on so they don't lose the sale - which I'm 95% sure I'll cancel and purchase through another dealer, which for bullfrog doesn't exist within a few hour drive. If the date does move and they can follow proof that it's bullfrogs fault than I'll have issue with them and have to rethink how I can trust them.

As you probably agree, it's a dumpster fire and highly frustration - trying to balance being fair with protecting against being lied to and ultimately taken advantage of.

Here is another scenario for you that I have heard. Tub did go into production on July 9 but they don’t have all the parts to complete tub in stock. I am having issues getting simple parts for in warranty people right now from various factories

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2020, 03:41:55 pm »

dmshipley

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2020, 06:59:01 am »
Good point but I'd expect that from a business perspective they'd not start something that they didn't have the necessary components on-site to finish.

But who knows, I'm going to call today - yesterday got away from me.

BW13

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 12:02:37 am »
Just got a letter from Bullfrog today talking about the delays due to Covid and asking for patience

Frogger

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 12:38:37 am »
First of all I'm sorry to hear that you got pushed back again... Partly because it sucks for you but also because it might mean mine is further out to...

With that, I'm going to reach out to my dealer for an update which I'll share here.

My initial thought is that if I call and my date indeed is pushed back (it should if we're being told the same given our orders were set the same time) I'm going to be pissed at my dealer as they would've lied in telling me that my tub went into production 7/9. Which would be the first clear lie they'd told, likely meant to keep me hanging on so they don't lose the sale - which I'm 95% sure I'll cancel and purchase through another dealer, which for bullfrog doesn't exist within a few hour drive. If the date does move and they can follow proof that it's bullfrogs fault than I'll have issue with them and have to rethink how I can trust them.

As you probably agree, it's a dumpster fire and highly frustration - trying to balance being fair with protecting against being lied to and ultimately taken advantage of.

Yeah with this situation we are in the same "tub"...ugh.

I have to admit when I first heard about my delay you are the first one I thought of because we both had our tubs ordered on May 16. Supposedly you are getting your spa by the end of July and now I'm getting mine in mid September?? I was just going to wait and see if you got your spa before I said anything. Dont know what to think at this point. Then BW13 ordered his spa two weeks later than us and he's getting a mid September due date like me. Like the timing of things arent making sense and like you I'm suspecting we might be getting stroked a little bit. I feel Bullfrog are dealing with a couple issues...They are and have been swamped with orders and they are having covid related work shortages. Either one of those things by itself could cause delay but together it's a perfect storm. I'm STILL concerned that I get my spa on the date they are giving me now. My salesman did tell me they are working double shifts and are training new personnel to get these orders out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:40:15 am by Frogger »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2020, 12:09:50 pm »

I have to admit when I first heard about my delay you are the first one I thought of because we both had our tubs ordered on May 16. Supposedly you are getting your spa by the end of July and now I'm getting mine in mid September?? I was just going to wait and see if you got your spa before I said anything. Dont know what to think at this point. Then BW13 ordered his spa two weeks later than us and he's getting a mid September due date like me. Like the timing of things arent making sense and like you I'm suspecting we might be getting stroked a little bit. I feel Bullfrog are dealing with a couple issues...They are and have been swamped with orders and they are having covid related work shortages. Either one of those things by itself could cause delay but together it's a perfect storm. I'm STILL concerned that I get my spa on the date they are giving me now. My salesman did tell me they are working double shifts and are training new personnel to get these orders out.

I ordered spas on May 16th as well, those spas are currently projected for Sept. 12....your salesman is correct though, they've hired a bunch of new people and are in the process of training those guys properly and getting them onto the production line which of course doesn't happen overnight, can't sacrifice quality just to 'ram' orders out the door.  I will say I've been told these most current dates should be more accurate than previous ones so take that for what it's worth...either way they're still building them and you'll all get your spas in the fall as the perfect hot tub weather arrives.

dmshipley

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2020, 02:40:54 pm »
I just received a call from my dealer, my tub arrived on today's truck.

As happy as I am I'm hopeful that y'all get whatever you ordered sooner than later.

The awesomeness of this forum is deep and a place for us to commensurate here on our experiences has helped me remain calm.

Health and peace to you all.

David

Frogger

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2020, 04:00:53 pm »

As happy as I am I'm hopeful that y'all get whatever you ordered sooner than later.

The awesomeness of this forum is deep and a place for us to commensurate here on our experiences has helped me remain calm.

David

Wow David that's awesome...for you! Haha  Really though im glad for you but needless to say I'm bewildered by that bit of info. I dont know what I can do about it all. I'm not mad enough to cancel my order that's for sure. Just going to ride it out and dream about it all...lol.

Frogger

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2020, 04:09:05 pm »

I ordered spas on May 16th as well, those spas are currently projected for Sept. 12....your salesman is correct though, they've hired a bunch of new people and are in the process of training those guys properly and getting them onto the production line which of course doesn't happen overnight, can't sacrifice quality just to 'ram' orders out the door.  I will say I've been told these most current dates should be more accurate than previous ones so take that for what it's worth...either way they're still building them and you'll all get your spas in the fall as the perfect hot tub weather arrives.

One thing though is he told me months ago they were hiring new guys and training them....but whatever though because I cant blame them for covid. These are strange times we live in. He did say that delivery now was firm so if I get it then I will still be happy because you are right mid September is approaching prime spa time weather...especially in Arizona.  And yeah I dont want sacrifices made on quality control just to get my spa sooner. Believe me all these thoughts have crossed my mind!

Frogger

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2020, 07:12:46 am »

David

So David how has your tub been? The quality of the build acceptable? What jetpaks did you get? Did you stick with the one pump or opt for a two pump configuration on the R6L?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 07:19:05 am by Frogger »

BW13

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2020, 02:34:10 pm »
So my order started out being ready in August, then it was pushed to September and last week I was told end of October.  I complained to my dealer and asked if Bullfrog was going to be giving discounts for making people wait so long.  I just got a message today that they will be getting it in September and are throwing in the Sound System for me!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2020, 07:48:26 pm »
Unfortunately delays are becoming more and more the norm right now. Current lead times from
various manufacturers I’ve heard about are HS Highlife 26
Weeks, Caldera and the rest of Hot Springs 36 weeks,
Nordic is out to June, American Whirlpool 30 something weeks and Marquis a year plus. Have heard Bullfrog is 30 or so weeks currently. Jacuzzi and Sundance are in the 24 week or so wait. I have so many hot tubs on order it’s not funny. Basically planned out my business for all of 2021 and special orders basically won’t happen. I don’t see it getting better any time soon

Frogger

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2020, 11:56:29 pm »
So my order started out being ready in August, then it was pushed to September and last week I was told end of October.  I complained to my dealer and asked if Bullfrog was going to be giving discounts for making people wait so long.  I just got a message today that they will be getting it in September and are throwing in the Sound System for me!

That makes no sense...just like the the other guy that orders his spa on the same day as me and gets it while I wait an extra six weeks. You complain and they reverse the schedule and throw in extras? Wow...I just hope they don't screw around with my new delivery date because I don't know what I'll end up saying.

Wakefield2020

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2020, 11:04:43 am »
Ordered A7L May 11th, been pushed back 3 times to end of Sept. now.  Was told by Dealer that Costco orders in June and July took priority over my dealer May 11th order. So disappointed.  They have 100% of my $ and haven't done a damn thing in the way of a free upgrade or discount for my 20 week wait which started at 6-8 weeks.

Frogger

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2020, 02:16:06 pm »
Ordered A7L May 11th, been pushed back 3 times to end of Sept. now.  Was told by Dealer that Costco orders in June and July took priority over my dealer May 11th order. So disappointed.  They have 100% of my $ and haven't done a damn thing in the way of a free upgrade or discount for my 20 week wait which started at 6-8 weeks.

I brought this up to a dealer about Costco orders getting priority and she flat out said that's 100% false because Costco orders still go through a dealer. But you aren't the only person to say this so frankly I don't know what to believe anymore.  Anyway I ordered may 16th and my order just got pushed back once to mid September...for now. Do I believe I'll get it then? Not really....

Wakefield2020

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2020, 08:07:16 pm »
My dealer said that a June or July Costco order has priority over my May 11th order.  My dealer said this, not me!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2020, 08:07:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42