What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J335 temperature display off by 7 degrees  (Read 3424 times)

buba

Jacuzzi J335 temperature display off by 7 degrees
« on: June 11, 2020, 01:18:42 pm »
Hello,

I have a Jacuzzi brand J335 made in 2014. The temperature displayed on the LED is 7 degrees F cooler than the actual water temperature. I 1st noticed this after a recent drain and fill. I have been tracking this for two weeks now using both an instant read digital thermometer and a old school mercury pool thermometer (both of these read 7 degrees higher that what is displayed on the control panel). I have measured at different times of the day etc. just to rule out daytime ambient heating issues. I even set the water temperature down to 80 degrees and notice the heater came on when the display read 78 but the actual water temperature was 87.

Questions?
1)Is there an adjustment on the control board for this?
2)Is this an indicator the temperature sensor is going out?

Other ideas?

Thank You in advance for your advice.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J335 temperature display off by 7 degrees
« on: June 11, 2020, 01:18:42 pm »

buba

Re: Jacuzzi J335 temperature display off by 7 degrees
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:09:05 am »
And the answer is "Temperature Sensor".

Replaced the temperature sensor located in the filter well and all is back to normal. It was an easy job aided by a couple of youtube videos. It tool longer to drain the water level to below the sensor than to replace the sensor. Skill level on a one to five level = one and a half.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Jacuzzi J335 temperature display off by 7 degrees
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:09:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42