What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Here is  mistake not to make.  (Read 9715 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Here is  mistake not to make.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 08:26:25 am »
Thanks everyone, I feel better  :o  This might make a good book.   I think I salvaged my water. My goal was to make it to Oct 1st,  and I think I can ignore the current water that long. I did my usual panic thing when the water gets cloudy, I drained 50 gallons, refilled, and shocked with MPS. Oh yes, during the refill I re rinsed the filters.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 08:26:25 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 09:07:28 am »
This story is from a friend. he was developing a new "chemical free" sanatizer... had about 100 volunteer customers trying it out. Only one customer was having problems... MAJOR problems.... the water was always cloudy and there was a bunch of white clumping material around and stuck to the suction cover. Well, he goes out and gathers some of this "stuff" up and puts it in a water bottle (STOP RIGHT HERE stuart...... trust me on this)....... *he wont stop, but I warned him*

Anyway, he sends the "stuff" off to the lab for testing. A couple days lated the lab tech calls...... man was he glad he was wearing gloves when he gathered the "stuff"...... turned out the guy had a new girlfriend....... they were "using" the spa every day, morning and night..... needless to say, he called the guy when he was at work and left a message on his answering machine........ N E V E R heard from the guy again

HEY! I warned you stuart.

------------------

I wont even begin to get into the spas at fraternities and sororities I used to service :-)

LMAO! BIG TIME!

This brought back memories of my post a couple of weeks ago.  

These are so great.  Someone should amke a collection of them for publication.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 09:08:59 am by doodoo »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 11:16:40 am »
Hey Doc!
You should tell us one of the many stories from when you were young in this business and had to dig little dinosaurs out of the tar pits! ;D

Just kidding! I can't even imagine some of the things you've endured through the years in beginnings of this industry, especially on the west coast.

Hey I'll come see ya at the show!

BTW, that story did NOT make me feel any better about drinking bath water.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 11:32:32 am by stuart »

Chris_H

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2004, 11:39:01 am »
What show are you talking about Stuart?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2004, 11:54:08 am »
What show are you talking about Stuart?

AQUA, November 9-11th in Vegas (ooh yea!).

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2004, 02:41:39 pm »
Hey Doc!
You should tell us one of the many stories from when you were young in this business and had to dig little dinosaurs out of the tar pits! ;D

Digging them out my azz! We created the tar pits to push them INTO, to make room to pour a pad for the hot tubs.

DUDE! When that first creature crawled from the sea and took it's first breath of air, I WAS THER, waiting with one of our fine traditional wooden hot tubs, all heated up and ready to go. It was my job to help acclimate them to an atmosphere of air rather than water. MY, what a job, I remember it like it was yesterday. But let me tell you, it was quite a rewarding experience........... You want to see the video I shot of it?

Aqua....... November 9 - 11 ................. Mandalay Bay Convention Center .......... Booth #748
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chris_H

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2004, 02:52:48 pm »
“Aqua....... November 9 - 11 ................. Mandalay Bay Convention Center .......... Booth #748”

I would probably “go” to the Aqua Show, but I would end up at the Spearmint Rhino “entertaining” clients.  So in my best interests I won’t be attending.

You can Google “Spearmint Rhino” if you don’t know what it is.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2004, 03:31:38 pm »

Digging them out my azz! We created the tar pits to push them INTO, to make room to pour a pad for the hot tubs.

DUDE! When that first creature crawled from the sea and took it's first breath of air, I WAS THER, waiting with one of our fine traditional wooden hot tubs, all heated up and ready to go. It was my job to help acclimate them to an atmosphere of air rather than water. MY, what a job, I remember it like it was yesterday. But let me tell you, it was quite a rewarding experience........... You want to see the video I shot of it?

Aqua....... November 9 - 11 ................. Mandalay Bay Convention Center .......... Booth #748

So I have to ask this again -

Master, if while I'm at the show I prove that I can snatch a Bromine tablet from the palm of your hand will I then be a Master?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2004, 03:46:54 pm »
So I have to ask this again -

Master, if while I'm at the show I prove that I can snatch a Bromine tablet from the palm of your hand will I then be a Master?

Only when you can also walk across a floating blanket without it sinking into the spa, while balancing a leaf net on your nose, with a grit gitter stuck............. oh forget it  ;D

WAIT A MINTUE! I remember you, sitting there on a rock some distance down the beach, watching as that creature crawl from the sea. You were the one in the speedo wearing the straw hat backwards.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2004, 03:50:08 pm »
Which was backwards - the hat or the speedos??   :o

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 09:03:47 pm »
The speedos were on his head, and the straw hat...... well? If was quite whiule ago, and my memory tends to fail me.............. 200 posts yet????

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 09:17:28 pm »
The speedos were on his head, and the straw hat...... well? If was quite whiule ago, and my memory tends to fail me.............. 200 posts yet????

If you drank someones spa water with some of the potential contaminantes you talked about in it wouldn't you be prone to forgetting which end was up?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 09:17:47 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 09:17:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42