What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog and jet pack technology thoughts.  (Read 2525 times)

dmshipley

Bullfrog and jet pack technology thoughts.
« on: May 14, 2020, 01:35:27 pm »
Hello all and thank you for those who manage and partake in such a wonderful resource.

I have had a tub in the past, regrettably I did everything that's not recommended leading up to the purchase (or any large purchase) no research on the brand and I ultimately purchased from my state fair (Ohio). Needless to say the experience was overall awful and moving forward has led me this time around to spend more time researching not only the spa manufacturer but more importantly the dealer. I have 2 well known dealers (Columbus) that have good reviews - one primarily sells Jacuzzi/Sundance and the other Hotspring/Bullfrog. Up until visiting the dealer that sells Bullfrog (Scioto Valley) I had spent most of my time over many visits at the Jacuzzi dealer (All Seasons) and always left unimpressed but not turned off either - I do think there are a few that would meet my need; I golf and therefore have constant back/neck pain. I'm trying to stickk to the plan of research and getting but it's getting increasingly difficult given I'm without but hot showers do help at times.  8)

I'm seeking any advice, insight, etc. But specifically if any of you have any experience as it relates to the Jet Packs but also Bullfrog as a manufacturer as a whole.

I specifically have been looking at the R6L. I hope to wet test the R6 they have this weekend - I think they have another tub with the same lounger/Jet pack -- will that combination of testing be sufficient. I'll order likely the following day if it goes well - they are 5 weeks out currently and they have none in stock. I like the idea of being able to other the jet packs to my liking, not so much that I plan to move them from seat to seat but knowing that the option exists is nice but not what has drawn me to the line.

We haven't talked price much but I've been quoted $7990 w/ cover, chemicals, the Wellspring Circ/Ozone system, Spa Frog Passive Ion system, steps, Delivery and Set up, and cover lifter. I'm made to believe that the cover lifter is currently a special whereas the other included items are the normal. Thoughts on this set-up, should I remove or add any options?

Again, I appreciate any feedback.

Sorry for the choppy post, I had to create this on my phone.

David

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog and jet pack technology thoughts.
« on: May 14, 2020, 01:35:27 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Bullfrog and jet pack technology thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 07:10:03 pm »
As a current non owner but 30 years retired plumber tub service guy here's my take, seen there design from a ton of years back, all tubs have manifolds to direct water flow to different jets/configurations, BF puts there's inside the tub under your back, great idea to enable the purchaser to choose which pattern they want in each available jet pak connection. Once you do this you can change them around. Neat. However, putting the main source of cavitation noise closer to your ears is??................you have to judge for yourself. A customer serviceable connection is also.......maybe a problem spot? Fixed jets can also give you different feelings by simply moving to a different seat.

BF is just different, some up sides and some down sides, get a tub that feels good and is what you are comfortable sitting in and your good, your looking at all good brands, just need the best dealer. Leave supposed "technology" or "gimmicks" out of it.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 04:30:12 pm »
The R6 and R6L are the same spa just one with a lounger and the other without.  The jets will feel the same so it's a good comparison.  If you want a lot of power, add the 2nd jet pump.  That spa rocks with the 2nd pump.

I personally like the feel of some of the jetpak jets better than anything else I've tried in my 20+ years in the industry.  The trio pack is incredible.  The oscillator was my oldschool favorite.  The rainshower is unlike anything else out there.

When it comes to build quality, reliability, energy efficiency, customer support, and dealing with the company overall, I think Bullfrog is 2nd to none.  There are plenty of other great manufacturers as well, but I think Bullfrog is as good or better than any of them.  Having been to approximately 10 different hot tub factories over the years, Bullfrog's is the most state of the art and impressive.   Their support is fantastic and they go the extra mile.  For instance, I recently had a customer with a failure that occurred 5 months out of warranty that was most certainly the customer's fault yet Bullfrog stepped up and covered it.  They do that sort of thing a lot. 

I know some people call jetpaks gimmicky but I strongly disagree.  Each pack has a very unique feel and experience.  Each seat is a different depth or feel.  Most people find a specific seat that fits them.  In any other hot tub in the world, hopefully you like the jets in that seat.  In a Bullfrog, once you find your favorite seat you put your favorite jets there.  You can also change to a different type of jet but keep your favorite seat.  This is a very cool thing. 

Additionally, when they come out with new packs you can upgrade your existing hot tub.  Just a few weeks ago I had a customer come in and look at the newer trio pack.  I let her borrow one to take home and try in her 5 year old hot tub.  She called me a couple of days later and ordered one to match her hot tub.  For $400 she upgraded to the latest greatest in her older hot tub.

I know I sound like a fanboy, and I am.  I will also tell you the other manufacturers that I put in the same category.  I sold Hot Spring for years and they are a top notch organization with great spas.  I've always been a fan of Marquis.  Dimension one does some pretty awesome stuff though their reliability has been suspect for a couple of years.  Artesian builds some great spas with good, powerful jets and the best ozone system I've seen. 

BW13

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:11:01 am »
I ordered a bullfrom a7l for several reasons.
1.  every seat in any brand tub is different, angle, height, etc.  Only the bullfrog let's you move the jet packs around so that you can sit in the seat you like the best and experience all of the different jets.
2.  I'm 6ft2 and my wife is 5ft1.  She will always being in the higher seat but again the jetpacks will allow her to have a different massage any time by just swapping them.
3.  Liked their cartridge system for chlorine.
4.  The jetpack variety is much broader than the built in jets in most tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:11:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42