What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Came across this FREE Hot Tubs on CL and wanted to get some input.  (Read 2190 times)

sandman512

So, looking for a HT and came across.  Just wanted to get some thoughts.  While ideally, I would like to purchase new, we just did a back yard renovation and my budget is almost exhausted.  Thank you.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/for/d/bellport-hot-tub-free/7131810553.html

Hot Tub Forum

Mikedee

Re: Came across this FREE Hot Tubs on CL and wanted to get some input.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:11 pm »
Stay Away, you'd most likely be taking on someone else's  headache..They are looking for free removal service

swilly1000

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 07:53:59 am »
Stay Away, you'd most likely be taking on someone else's  headache..They are looking for free removal service

Totally agree!  Look at the last pic in the ad.  Whoever posted that didn't even care that the cover wasn't fitting properly over the shell.  What other more significant horror stories attend with this freebie?

And why would you kit out your new back yard project all sweet and blow the budget only to finish it off with an old crappy broken down hot tub?

If it was worth anything they would be asking for money.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 10:16:41 am »
never buy a used spa you can't see running and up to temp

Pcola77

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 01:10:33 pm »
That seems smart, but couldn't he ask the seller to prove that it works? At that point, a new cover is a pretty low cost for a working hot tub that might be better than nothing for a bit.

@Sandman, my thinking is if they are willing to show it working and it's close to you, doesn't seem like it could do much harm to go check it out. The rest of these guys know far better than I, but that would be my approach.

never buy a used spa you can't see running and up to temp

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 06:43:43 pm »
99% of the time when it's 'free' or dirt cheap you're simply hauling away someone else's trash in my experience

ratchett

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 08:13:03 am »
99% of the time when it's 'free' or dirt cheap you're simply hauling away someone else's trash in my experience

Yep, I watch the market like a hawk (just curious to see how tubs age over time, what condition they're in, etc.).   99% of the time the tubs are sitting dry for who knows how long, and there is usually something "easy to fix" wrong with the tub (small leak, broken pump, whatever).  Half the time they want hundreds of dollars for them.

VERY rarely (I'd say about 5% of the time) do I ever see a nice hottub filled with water in the pictures fully working and ready for use.  I never see anyone giving away a working hottub lol.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 08:13:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42