What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Balboa Hot Tub Not Heating  (Read 1476 times)

Jimbo

Balboa Hot Tub Not Heating
« on: May 21, 2020, 02:15:05 pm »
I am working on a hot tub because it is not heating. I do not really know the history on it except that “it isn’t heating but it used to”. Upon inspection of the inside of the controller I located a missing fuse and a blown fuse. The flow through heater had a severely broken split nut so I replaced the gasket and split nut. I replaced the blown time delay fuse but didn’t feel comfortable and am concerned about why a fuse would be “missing”. I isolated the heater element and it metered around 11 Ohms. I tried to attach a picture of the schematic and the fuses and fuse positions but I do not have an online storage site or photobucket, etc.. Once the tub was filled, the jets work but the heater LED does not turn on and after waiting 1 hour, the temperature did not climb any. I thought that maybe the PCB was intended for multiple models and that this tub just wasn’t using the features on the side of the PCB with the “missing” PCB but I am still wondering what it controls and why there is no fuse in that location at all. The display on the top button control panel is showing "Sn" which I believe this is a sensor code error but any insight into what I am dealing with would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, it is back in to the controller to see what else my meter can help me locate.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:30:23 pm by Jimbo »

Hot Tub Forum

Balboa Hot Tub Not Heating
« on: May 21, 2020, 02:15:05 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Balboa Hot Tub Not Heating
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 09:17:50 am »
Sn is a faulty sensor code.  The temp sensor(s) would be the first place to check.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Balboa Hot Tub Not Heating
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 09:17:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42