What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: General reputations  (Read 1816 times)

Chops1857

General reputations
« on: May 24, 2020, 09:17:42 pm »
I’m going to be in the market sometime within the next year or so. My local area has spa speciality dealers who sell Marquis, Artesian, and Hot Springs. There is also a Great Escape (they are like the Best Buy of patio and outdoor living) and they sell Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, and Sundance.

I understand the value of wet tests and I’m willing to do them, but I doubt I’ll have the time or the desire to go to all the stores and test them all. Plus, the Great Escape doesn’t seem like a wet test kinda place.

Do the following brands have particular reputations? I know all are known as the heavy hitters within the industry, but maybe one is known for the strongest jets that help with muscle pain, one is known for being the most reliable, etc.

Marquis
Hot Springs
Artesian
Bullfrog
Jacuzzi
Sundance

I’m just trying to figure out how to pick a few from the list of options to go check out as I may not want to invest the time to go to all the dealers. I have a busy job and young children and a working wife. Time is pretty tight in my house.

Thanks a ton, folks!

Hot Tub Forum

General reputations
« on: May 24, 2020, 09:17:42 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: General reputations
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 01:36:32 pm »
While some may have a bias in one direction or another (which is fine), the reality is all those are all reputable brands. What we don't know is the reputation for each of those dealers. I'd ask how long they've had their dealership, how long with this current brand, do they service in house (typically best) or farm it out, do they deliver themselves (typically best) or farm it out ... I'd visit them all but only wet test the 2 or 3 you like best.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 01:38:58 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 03:32:29 pm »
While some may have a bias in one direction or another (which is fine), the reality is all those are all reputable brands. What we don't know is the reputation for each of those dealers. I'd ask how long they've had their dealership, how long with this current brand, do they service in house (typically best) or farm it out, do they deliver themselves (typically best) or farm it out ... I'd visit them all but only wet test the 2 or 3 you like best.

I 2nd this.

The reality is a good dealer can even make a less than reputable brand a great experience.

I have a local Sundance dealer (again, good spa) but they don't have a service department.  They outsource it.  The guy they outsource it to... sucks.  He never returns calls.  Then they ask for me, and Sundance won't sell parts to me!  It's a bad situation for those people.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 03:32:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42