What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting Bullfrog A7 - Should we add Wellspring Circulating Pump?  (Read 3637 times)

Bullfroggerz

We are getting the A7 and adding the Wellspring Ozone and are thinking about adding the Wellspring Circulating Pump.  Does anyone have experience or advice on whether or not to add the Wellspring Circulating Pump?  Is it noisy?  What is the advantages or disadvantages?  Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfroggerz

Re: Getting Bullfrog A7 - Should we add Wellspring Circulating Pump?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 12:58:05 pm »
Anyone got any input or feedback on the Wellspring?

ratchett

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 01:28:50 pm »
As far as I understand it, an ozonator is only effective when the water is flowing.  So a circulation pump is necessary for optimal performance of the Ozonator. 

I have a 40-watt equivalent circ pump in my Hotspring  Jetsetter.  My insulation keeps the tub so quiet I can't even tell it's on if it were not for the large glowing logo.  Note - my tub is also located less than 3 feet from my bedroom wall so sound levels were a major concern to me.  Fortunately the circ pump is very quiet.

Note the disadvantage is that this means your ozonator is running 24/7 which depending on it's hour rating, works out to around 2 years of use before needing replacement. The Circ pump is also another item to fail in the tub eventually.     Personally I feel the benefits of an ozonator outweigh the negatives, but that's my opinion.

Bullfroggerz

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 03:07:51 pm »
Thanks for your input!

BW13

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 01:21:28 pm »
I just ordered an A7L with the circ pump.  The previous poster is wrong though, Bullfrog's Circ pump is not a 24/7 pump, it only runs when programmed because it's quite a bit larger than other brands circ pumps.  My question is why do the instructions say to run it for longer cycles than if you didn't have it?  If you use the jet pump for circulation they say to run it twice a day for 2 hours each.  But they say if you have the Circ Pump to run it twice a day for 4 hours each.  They advertise the Circ Pump is so efficient that it runs less to save you money.  If it runs less then why do you have to run it longer?  This is confusing.  Do they mean that running the circ pump for 4 hours still uses less electricity than running the jet pump for 2 hours????

Frogger

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 07:32:29 pm »
I'm in Arizona and have A8D on order with circ pump. I did it because its next to a window and I wanted a quieter pump running and extra cleaning. I figure it will save on the regular pump. The salesmen told me though that some circ pumps have froze up in colder environments?? I dunno...I'm in Arizona so not a concern.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 10:36:27 am »
I'm in Arizona and have A8D on order with circ pump. I did it because its next to a window and I wanted a quieter pump running and extra cleaning. I figure it will save on the regular pump. The salesmen told me though that some circ pumps have froze up in colder environments?? I dunno...I'm in Arizona so not a concern.

Not a concern at all and wise move with the spa next to the house/window (plus there are other advantages).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BW13

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 12:37:17 am »
I just read that even with the circ pump it still runs the jets the first 10 min of every filtration cycle to blow out the jetpacks.  Doesn't that eliminate the quiet advantage of having it near a window?

Frogger

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 01:04:38 am »
I just read that even with the circ pump it still runs the jets the first 10 min of every filtration cycle to blow out the jetpacks.  Doesn't that eliminate the quiet advantage of having it near a window?

No

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 01:04:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42