What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which Hot Tub should I buy?  (Read 5723 times)

jjohnson3503

Which Hot Tub should I buy?
« on: May 18, 2020, 10:21:52 pm »
I am looking for a hot tub that has good value and quality  for the money that I’m gonna be spending. I’m looking for something that has very good mechanical, filtration with UV, circulation, pumps and quality cabinet and base. I’m looking for a hot tub with very good warranty.

I want a hot tub that is going to last 20+ years.

I am thinking about bullfrog spa, coast spa, marquis spa, strong spa , clear water spas, or aqua living spa , and jacuzzi
I really like bullfrog spa but I like the insulation on a strong spa

Which should I choose I don’t want to pay dealers $15,000. I am trying to stay under $5,000.  Can someone help me?

I hear bad feedback about bullfrog and strong spa on bbb. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:27:23 pm by jjohnson3503 »

Hot Tub Forum

Which Hot Tub should I buy?
« on: May 18, 2020, 10:21:52 pm »

castletonia

Re: Which Hot Tub should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 08:29:13 am »
Your desired budget does not align with the quality you want or allow you to consider most the brands you listed (never heard of Aqua Living so no idea on price).  A dealer doesn't charge $15,000 for a spa because they want to, they do because they have to based on the cost of the product and the cost's of keeping the doors open. 

UV is not a standalone sanitized and does not eliminate the need for one.  I know it can kill certain pathogens that chlorine doesn't, but in my very limited experience with it, it wouldn't even be on my long list of things to have, but to each their own.  Marquis does not have UV and it is not a factory option, just an FYI.

Of the brands you listed, I would consider Bullfrog, Jacuzzi and Marquis to be quality.  I consider Coast to be decent as long as you had great dealer support and I would say Strong, Clearwater and Aqua Living are low end entry level brands. 

The dealer is the one that handles service, warranty, getting parts and taking care of you as the customer.  Your communication with a manufacturer should be minimal if ever which is why a quality dealer is so important.  If the manufacturer is bad it will take its toll on your dealer which means you as the end consumer could suffer.  I do not currently sell any of the brands you are looking at but I have sold Marquis, Coast, and Clearwater at one point or another over the last 20 years.  I have respect for Marquis as a company and for their products.  I cannot say the same for Coast or Clearwater.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 05:00:06 pm »
There are a lot of spas under $15k...

There are not a lot of spas under $5k that I would consider quality.  Some Rotationally molded ones, like Freeflow or Dreammaker.  Nordic might have a few under 5K.

I'd say you'd easily regret getting an Aqua Living Spa within about a year or two. 

If you can, raise your budget to about 7-8k, and you'll have a much better, enjoyable experience over the next 10 years of your life!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 01:48:55 pm »
As a side note, I was surprised to hear that Bullfrog had bad reviews on the BBB because they are one of the best manufacturers to work with from a customer service standpoint.  Bullfrog is a top notch organization.  I went and read all of the complaints and most of them are customers who had a bad dealer experience but complained on Bullfrog's BBB page.   This just highlights how important a good dealer is.

jjohnson3503

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 01:28:44 pm »
The max I want to spend is 7000 that includes electrical hookup. With this,  which spa should I get that will last and be as much maintenance free as possible and good quality?

What about caldera non-salt hot tub?
What about Marquis?

I heard mold gets in bullfrog jet packs and they have to be cleaned more often

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 04:01:17 pm »
With being a Caldera dealer and having sold Marquis, I prefer Caldera's entry level hot tubs mainly because of the insulation.  If you live in a warmer climate, its less of an issue.  I still don't see either happening for $7k considering you want electrical included.  You would be hard pressed to get either the Hollywood or Vegas from Marquis or Vanto or Marino from Caldera for $7k without tax and electrical. 

Though I have no experience with Bullfrog, I would ignore the statements on mold behind the jetpacks.  If it was an issue, that was years ago and I'm sure it has been resolved.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 04:47:47 pm »

This is b.s.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 05:58:18 pm »
The max I want to spend is 7000 that includes electrical hookup. With this,  which spa should I get that will last and be as much maintenance free as possible and good quality?

What about caldera non-salt hot tub?
What about Marquis?

I sell over 100 of them a year and have been doing so for 5+ years now, I've never taken 1 single call from any Bullfrog owner claiming this on any Bullfrog model...not 1 single call

jjohnson3503

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 11:39:08 pm »
That still doesn’t help me decide which hot tub to get.  I am not going to spend over $10,000  for a hot tub. Especially if it is poorly built as wont last past 10 years.

What are your thoughts on American Whirpool and vita hot tub?? Vita/American Wihirlpool spas have galvanized  steel frame and house insulation and 3 pumps in some models, UV and filters huge amount of water per minute. Easy to fix as no foam insulation.   I saw the same for sunrise spa in Canada

I really like American Whirlpool/ vita spa/sunrise spa is very well put together

I am not trying to sell anything or promote anything , I just want a hot tub of my own soon

I really like bullfrog but I don’t know.  I saw a bullfrog spa up close at the state fair I did fall in love with it, but I feel there a lot of marketing for the jet packs, but what about performance, pumps, construction, and filters? 

Should I Consider buying a used hot tub that is less than 3 years old?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:12:18 am by jjohnson3503 »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 11:54:47 am »
That still doesn’t help me decide which hot tub to get.  I am not going to spend over $10,000  for a hot tub. Especially if it is poorly built as wont last past 10 years.

What are your thoughts on American Whirpool and vita hot tub?? Vita/American Wihirlpool spas have galvanized  steel frame and house insulation and 3 pumps in some models, UV and filters huge amount of water per minute. Easy to fix as no foam insulation.   I saw the same for sunrise spa in Canada

I really like American Whirlpool/ vita spa/sunrise spa is very well put together

I am not trying to sell anything or promote anything , I just want a hot tub of my own soon

I really like bullfrog but I don’t know.  I saw a bullfrog spa up close at the state fair I did fall in love with it, but I feel there a lot of marketing for the jet packs, but what about performance, pumps, construction, and filters? 

Should I Consider buying a used hot tub that is less than 3 years old?

There's plenty of models in the 8-10k range that are built well and will easily last 10+ years....Bullfrog X-Series/R-Series, Marquis Vector Series, Jacuzzi 300 Series, Hot Spring Limelight Collection, Caldera Paradise Collection, Artesian Island Collection.  Now some models in those lines will drift above 10k but theres a bunch that will fit your budget as well and they are all top manufacturers and most of them will have the 5 year component warranty.  Sunrise/Vita you'll have to wait for others opinions, I've never seen them in person and don't know anyone who sells those lines but if you think they fit your needs and are well under 10k then go for it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 02:52:29 pm »

The only person who thinks steel is better than other frame materials is the guy who sells steel framed tubs. Put a steel framing stud next to a treated wood stud in a wet environment and see which lasts longer. And rivets loosen and rattle.

Don't let marketing influence your decision.
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 03:53:25 pm »

The only person who thinks steel is better than other frame materials is the guy who sells steel framed tubs. Put a steel framing stud next to a treated wood stud in a wet environment and see which lasts longer. And rivets loosen and rattle.

Don't let marketing influence your decision.

We worked on a steel frame tub last year that was only 4 years old at the time and the steel 'door frame' had already completed rusted out to the point where my tech had to 'rig up' some makeshift pieces to actually install the door back onto the spa cause the steel around the grommets that held the door screw were completely rusted and missing

swilly1000

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 08:48:30 pm »
Your budget is unrealistic for what you want.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 02:42:12 am by swilly1000 »

jjohnson3503

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 06:59:31 pm »
What are the reviews on Dimension One spa?   Should I stay away from full foam spas?

Sam

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 06:14:16 pm »
If you live in a colder climate full foam is the only way to go.  Honestly, no matter where I lived I would only get full foam.  There are a couple of manufacturers who don't do full foam but all of the best regarded hot tubs in the industry are full foam for a reason.  Sounds like you heard a sales pitch from american whirlpool, a mediocre brand.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 06:14:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42