What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why is there no chlorine reading in my salt tub?  (Read 926 times)

Sammi

Re: Why is there no chlorine reading in my salt tub?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:23 am »
Well.... I'll definitely be calling my dealer in the AM. More of a vent than anything.....

I've been testing my water at least daily and we've used the spa daily. 5 weeks today since install and first use.  I've followed my dealers instructions to a T up until this point even though every time I hit the salt test button on my remote it shows I'm on the low end and around the yellow or borderline red mark. I've questioned the dealer twice and they've told me not to worry about it.  I've had to add about 1-3 teaspoons of chlorine after every second use otherwise my water starts to turn green and/or cloudy.

Long story short when I hit the test button on the remote tonight it came back saying my salt system is inactive/low salt.  On Monday it showed in the yellow and said OK. I'll contact my dealer but I have a sinking feeling my titanium salt stick already burnt out.  I've had it set on 10 since day 1 per my dealers instructions, but in order to keep clean and clear water i've had to add the chlorine granuales frequently (never more than a tablespoon and usually a half tablespoon). I've also added PH decreaser once in a while per their instructions.

I would really hate to have my salt stick burn out in 5 weeks. Frankly that is BS if that's the case given the cost of them (something like $80/stick). Will update after I speak with my dealer.

Update: I used the system test this AM and it came back as good on the salt system. Took my water out to be tested, and the phosphates came back fine. Alkalinity was very low as well as chlorine.  Added both  per the instructions over a 3 hour period. PH and was fine and salt was at 1850.  Ran the salt system check again came back as inactive.

Dealer said their service center "should" warranty the cartridge, but I would have to spend the money on a 3 pack of cartridges as I guess the tub will leak if I take the cartridge out without putting in a new one? Was hoping I could bring the cartridge out, have it replaced under warranty, and put the new one in. I don't want to be spending $80 every 5 weeks on cartridges. My suspicion is that either the cartridge or salt system as a whole is bad.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:10:50 pm by Sammi »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Why is there no chlorine reading in my salt tub?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2020, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42