What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog M9-Price?  (Read 7656 times)

kengc

Bullfrog M9-Price?
« on: May 08, 2020, 08:31:45 pm »
We are looking to purchase the Bullfrog M9. We got a quote from a dealer for $20k which seems very high compared to deal prices for competing large high end tubs. What's a fair price?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:10:14 pm by kengc »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog M9-Price?
« on: May 08, 2020, 08:31:45 pm »

dynasty

Re: Bullfrog M9-Price?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 03:56:24 pm »
Given these are brand new I would suspect them to try get $20k. I got quote for M8 for $18.5k. TBH im new to hot tubs but these prices are getting near pool prices. I know its two different categories and sometimes wants but prices are a bit ridiculous.

benmih

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 01:09:02 am »
I'm still waiting on my quote. Trying to decide between biting the bullet on m series or going with the A series. probably the a8.

benmih

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 08:17:22 pm »
Ended up going with the m9. with steps, cover, lifter, chemicals delivery got them down to 16845. only thing we didn't get was the stereo since its on a patio that has surround sound. All in with tax it was 18K. They threw in a new 11ft umbrella since my table one was shot. It was a pretty good process. The biggest down side, with the corona virus and everything backed up, bullfrog, like jacuzzi and sundance are all backed up 8-10 weeks. But at least its ordered.

Backcountryluv

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 03:07:04 pm »
Ended up going with the m9. with steps, cover, lifter, chemicals delivery got them down to 16845.

That’s a great deal.  Our local Bullfrog dealer sells the M9 for $23k!!!   They sell the M7 for $18,200.  Terribly overpriced and they don’t budge, but the market here supports it I guess.  Your M9 is cheaper than the M7 I put a deposit on.  I‘m definitely overpaying. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 09:22:17 pm »
Ended up going with the m9. with steps, cover, lifter, chemicals delivery got them down to 16845.

That’s a great deal.  Our local Bullfrog dealer sells the M9 for $23k!!!   They sell the M7 for $18,200.  Terribly overpriced and they don’t budge, but the market here supports it I guess.  Your M9 is cheaper than the M7 I put a deposit on.  I‘m definitely overpaying.

Where do you live?

Backcountryluv

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 01:55:17 am »

Where do you live?

I live in Reno, NV
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:56:48 am by Backcountryluv »

Frogger

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 03:13:02 am »

Or he's way underpaying. Just because some person gets a way fluky good deal doesn't make it the norm.

Backcountryluv

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 07:41:02 pm »

Or he's way underpaying. Just because some person gets a way fluky good deal doesn't make it the norm.

I do know what you are saying, but that isn’t the case here.  I realize that some dealers go through much more inventory, and therefore are able to heavily discount the MSRP, making a normal price at a smaller dealer seem exorbitant.

I called three different Bullfrog dealers within 6 hours of me and all three offer the M9 for less than my local dealer charges for the M7.  Benmih is getting a good deal on his M9.   It is in line (and slightly cheaper) with the prices I’ve been quoted by all but my local dealer.  Benmih is not “way underpaying” or getting a “fluky good deal”.  It is my local dealer that is asking for more than the MSRP, offering a fluky bad deal, and it is me that is way overpaying! 

Frogger

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 08:52:10 pm »

I do know what you are saying, but that isn’t the case here.  I realize that some dealers go through much more inventory, and therefore are able to heavily discount the MSRP, making a normal price at a smaller dealer seem exorbitant.

I called three different Bullfrog dealers within 6 hours of me and all three offer the M9 for less than my local dealer charges for the M7.  Benmih is getting a good deal on his M9.   It is in line (and slightly cheaper) with the prices I’ve been quoted by all but my local dealer.  Benmih is not “way underpaying” or getting a “fluky good deal”.  It is my local dealer that is asking for more than the MSRP, offering a fluky bad deal, and it is me that is way overpaying!

Well I guess that's the case then.   But you havnt found the same deal he got either. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 10:39:59 am »

If the dealer feels he has the market cornered and is therefore pricing much higher than you see it elsewhere (and negotiating has been completed) then you have 3 options:

-go elsewhere for that same product at a better price and deal with future service needs (you can get this spelled out up front),
-consider other brands (not sure where you are/who is available but BF is just 1 of the well made brands out there),
-bite the bullet and buy from the higher priced local guy then try to forget what you paid (easier said than done when its a lot more).

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Backcountryluv

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 01:56:00 pm »

If the dealer feels he has the market cornered and is therefore pricing much higher than you see it elsewhere (and negotiating has been completed) then you have 3 options:

-go elsewhere for that same product at a better price and deal with future service needs (you can get this spelled out up front),
-consider other brands (not sure where you are/who is available but BF is just 1 of the well made brands out there),
-bite the bullet and buy from the higher priced local guy then try to forget what you paid (easier said than done when its a lot more).

You nailed it, Spatech...

I’ve talked to dealer further away about this option.  He is committed to delivering/servicing here if I go that route.  It’s not ideal for him, but well worth it if I am a low maintenance customer.

I am heavily weighing the option of buying a HotSpring Grandee for nearly $4k less.  I love the local HS dealer.  I just don’t love the tub aesthetics quite as much as the M7.

As you’ve said, I’ve “bit the bullet” and put down a $2500 refundable deposit with the local company.  The spa won’t be delivered to the store until August, which is earlier than I can get the same M7 from the cheaper dealer or the Grandee from the HS dealer.  So, 2 month earlier delivery  is certainly an advantage to paying more!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 03:21:39 pm »

You nailed it, Spatech...

I’ve talked to dealer further away about this option.  He is committed to delivering/servicing here if I go that route.  It’s not ideal for him, but well worth it if I am a low maintenance customer.

I am heavily weighing the option of buying a HotSpring Grandee for nearly $4k less.  I love the local HS dealer.  I just don’t love the tub aesthetics quite as much as the M7.

As you’ve said, I’ve “bit the bullet” and put down a $2500 refundable deposit with the local company.  The spa won’t be delivered to the store until August, which is earlier than I can get the same M7 from the cheaper dealer or the Grandee from the HS dealer.  So, 2 month earlier delivery  is certainly an advantage to paying more!

For what it's worth the HS dealer you are referring to (reno or sparks?) is probably one of the best guys in the industry and probably the best hot tub guy I Have personally ever met. 

Backcountryluv

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 11:53:16 pm »

For what it's worth the HS dealer you are referring to (reno or sparks?) is probably one of the best guys in the industry and probably the best hot tub guy I Have personally ever met.

That is worth a lot.  You are the second person on this forum that has spoken highly of my local HotSpring dealer. I appreciate the insight. 

benmih

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 02:04:35 am »

Where do you live?

I live in PA. I should have put this before. The 18k out the door was in cash. Now i'm just waiting on it. But I hear it may still be a while

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 02:04:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42