What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time hot tub owner  (Read 2466 times)

TonyInTennessee

First time hot tub owner
« on: April 25, 2020, 11:14:55 pm »
Hi everyone. New to the forum and new to the hot tub life. Just bought a Bullfrog A8 and it looks like delivery will be in 3-4 weeks. Concrete pad goes in next week. I've been reading through all the different topics presented on this website but I'm interested in any gotchas that you all have experienced buying, owning, or operating your hot tubs. Thanks for your time.

Hot Tub Forum

First time hot tub owner
« on: April 25, 2020, 11:14:55 pm »

svwbrown

Re: First time hot tub owner
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 02:57:08 pm »
My wife and I have been looking at the A8.  We are in Utah and wondering if you would mind sharing what you paid out the door for your new tub, including the pricing for any extras.

ratchett

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 04:43:21 pm »
Congrats on your new investment! That's a great tub from what I hear.

Biggest "gotcha" most first-time buyers don't anticipate is biofilm buildup from the factory assembly/testing stages of construction.  In most circumstances all new tubs need a bit extra sanitizer initially for the first month or two to get the internal plumbing fully "clean".  Don't be alarmed if you are having trouble balancing or maintaining a chlorine reading initially - you're likely not doing something wrong, the tub is just really dirty hahaha

That's really the only thing I've discovered so far in all my research about new hottub ownership.

After waiting 20 years for my first hottub (Hotspring Jetsetter), that first night's soak was so surreal and rewarding.  A "milestone" of sorts in my own personal life as something I waited years to buy until I had the *perfect* placement for a tub.  Listen to your dealer's advice for maintaining the tub over the advice of a pool/spa chemical dealer.     Enjoy your investment, don't hesitate to call your dealer if you have any issues or questions, that's what they are there for!

TonyInTennessee

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 08:43:40 am »
My wife and I have been looking at the A8.  We are in Utah and wondering if you would mind sharing what you paid out the door for your new tub, including the pricing for any extras.

We paid $13,900 for the A8. That price included a cover, steps, delivery, set-up and they doubled the amount of chemicals that come with it. That price did not cover sales tax which is 11% here in Tennessee.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 08:43:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42