What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Did I blow a fuse?  (Read 2941 times)

Schmidthappens29

Did I blow a fuse?
« on: April 11, 2020, 04:59:38 pm »
Hi everyone, I am new here and could really use some help.

I have had a FL1 error since I filled up my hot tub a week ago. I had winterized it over the winter and figured I would get it started again. The last time this happened it was the heating element. Water had been dripping from the black plastic box that houses the connections of the heater, into the metal control panel. I tried replacing that again cause the same thing was happening, but the FL1 code was still there.

I was testing my voltage with a voltmeter. I tested the main power lines to make sure I was getting 220. Then the heater connections, then the circulation pump. When I went to check the "Ozonator" pins, there was a spark and now the hot tub will not turn on. I am still getting power to it, but nothing is turning on. Did I blow a fuse? Did I ruin the whole board?

I am attaching a picture of where I touched the black and red voltmeter tips when the spark occurred.

https://imgur.com/a/cr7miP7

Does anyone know what I may have done? I am hoping I just blew a fuse or something that I can replace. It didn't seem like it would cause such an issue as I was testing everything with the voltmeter and I am fairly certain I didn't touch anything besides the ozonator pins!

Thank you so much in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Did I blow a fuse?
« on: April 11, 2020, 04:59:38 pm »

jmk1234

Re: Did I blow a fuse?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:30:52 pm »
The FL-1 could possibly be an airlock in the line. My first tub which was the j-325, I always got that damn problem. It would flash for about 1 minute and then fix itself and operate as normal. Then my 2nd tub came with a bad motherboard. Wouldn't heat past 78 and had a tech come out 3 days after install. Switched out the control board and operated perfect since.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Did I blow a fuse?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:30:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42