What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: On the bright side, Covid 19  (Read 3376 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
On the bright side, Covid 19
« on: March 19, 2020, 10:40:00 am »
Been a crazy week, started working at home today. hottub before work, no commute, hottub later today as well. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

On the bright side, Covid 19
« on: March 19, 2020, 10:40:00 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: On the bright side, Covid 19
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 12:24:38 pm »
Nice enjoy. As a service tech I am fortunate that I can continue to work whilst still maintain social distancing. Worked 2 jobs yesterday where I did not have to come into contact with the customers. Called when I arrived and called when finished. Customer then sent e transfer. Hand sanitized before getting out of truck and again when I got back in then washed them when I got home. Stay safe everyone

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 01:07:27 pm »
I've had 2 phone calls in the last week inquiring "What do you have in-stock for spas and how fast do you guys deliver" and both of them had the same 'If I gotta be quarantined I want some entertainment with my family' mindset

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 03:43:39 pm »
Oddly enough, I have sold a lot of tubs this past week or so.  But yes - everyone wants one right away so building one seems to not be an option! 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 06:13:22 pm »
Oddly enough, I have sold a lot of tubs this past week or so.  But yes - everyone wants one right away so building one seems to not be an option!

I actually sold 2 tubs today. Want them immediately

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 06:27:44 pm »

geez 'laydown' central today for you  8) 8) j/k good job!

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 06:57:38 pm »
Canadian dollar now under 70 cents vs USd. Dealers that bought Stock when it was at 76 cents are now either getting hammered or will have to start raising prices. Was the same back in 08 despite the recession spa sales were strong but nobody was making any money. Spas can be picked up and delivered with minimal person to person contact but IR sauna installs where you have to go into someones house will have to stop until things change. Don't know that I would want to be working in a retail sales setting with folk coming and going and touching and breathing. With an announcement today of the first Covid related death by community transfer and not travel related in my area it is on my...and your doorstep and not going away anytime soon so for me it's time to hunker down at home, practice social distancing and only venture out for essentials trying not be part of the problem as much as possible. Stay safe and wash your hands.

swilly1000

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 08:47:37 pm »
I read that the virus doesn't like higher temps i.e. above 26 degrees celcius.  Gotta love that hot tub! Lol
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:02:52 am by swilly1000 »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 11:41:44 pm »

geez 'laydown' central today for you  8) 8) j/k good job!

They actually both were 🥳😎. In fairness I had been working with them for a couple weeks

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 08:24:11 am »
Canadian dollar now under 70 cents vs USd. Dealers that bought Stock when it was at 76 cents are now either getting hammered or will have to start raising prices. Was the same back in 08 despite the recession spa sales were strong but nobody was making any money. Spas can be picked up and delivered with minimal person to person contact but IR sauna installs where you have to go into someones house will have to stop until things change. Don't know that I would want to be working in a retail sales setting with folk coming and going and touching and breathing. With an announcement today of the first Covid related death by community transfer and not travel related in my area it is on my...and your doorstep and not going away anytime soon so for me it's time to hunker down at home, practice social distancing and only venture out for essentials trying not be part of the problem as much as possible. Stay safe and wash your hands.

Lets not forget about the 96.9-99.1% recovery rate for those who contract it.
Retired

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 11:04:30 am »

Lets not forget about the 96.9-99.1% recovery rate for those who contract it.

So just carry on as normal and nothing to worry about is what you are implying?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 02:33:31 pm »
As normal if you keep good hygiene and practice social distancing as you do during any strain of flue outbreak in your area. Spring HAS NOT been canceled. That means a lot for us in northern climates. Get outside.
Retired

Jag8

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 03:20:29 am »
Got word around 5pm pst today that Watkins was shutting down indefinitely and not taking any new orders at this time. Im sure the other SoCal manufacturers cant be far behind. 

We have been quite busy. Lots of urgency and reasons to spend time at home and soak in a quality hot tub!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:24:24 am by Jag8 »

swilly1000

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 08:01:33 am »
As normal if you keep good hygiene and practice social distancing as you do during any strain of flue outbreak in your area. Spring HAS NOT been canceled. That means a lot for us in northern climates. Get outside.

Yesterday after work a friend invited me to his place for a "lawn beer", which morphed into 3-4.  We regularly meet at the local pub after work but it's been closed for a week due to COVID-19.

It was fairly chilly out but we had some layers on and we kept moving to stay warm.  Well, before you knew it four more of the neighbours (who are also regulars at our local) were out there on the lawn with us, all of us keeping our distance from one another, drinks in hand, joking about maintaining that distance between us.

Other neighbours were regularly walking by and we all laughed it up with the passers by who were amused as meandered our way into and out of each other's bubble on the lawn. It was an impromptu gathering where we all laughed at each other and ourselves out there chasing the sun in -5 degree (celcius) weather.  We got some needed social contact in an improvised, slightly foolish way.  Just what the doctor ordered.

I've been a little concerned about how social distancing will drive us apart from the human connection that most of us (certainly me) need.  Ironically yesterday, social distancing brought us back together again.  It was a lot of fun, and good for the soul.

Tman's right.  Get outside!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:05:11 am by swilly1000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 08:01:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42