What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any chance they come out with financing deals?  (Read 3657 times)

Sludge Factory

Any chance they come out with financing deals?
« on: March 21, 2020, 10:08:59 am »
I know, 0% isn't free etc etc but hang with me.   My dealer says he charges 2% more no matter what financing deals.  With this all going on and the economy slowing down do you see maybe better deals and/or financing?   I was ready to pay cash for an Epic but now after all this I'm not as quick to spend my cash.  Plus my patio construction looks like it is going to be more than we thought. 

Oh well, just a thought.  I'm kinda getting stir crazy so I apologize if this reads like I'm rambling.  I'm almost a pot of coffee in and have energy to spare lol

Hot Tub Forum

Any chance they come out with financing deals?
« on: March 21, 2020, 10:08:59 am »

Sludge Factory

Re: Any chance they come out with financing deals?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 10:46:10 am »
Actually Marquis got back to me not long after posting this.  They have 0% for 36 or 60 months at participating dealers.  I haven't contacted my dealer yet though to see what it would do to pricing.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:25:29 am »
With manufacturers shutting down dealers will have limited stock and will have to make bank on what they have left in stock. You may get good financing but I think they will start to tighten up on price flexability. Here in Canada with the dollar under 70 cents vs the USD I think prices will go up. In 2008 spa sales were strong but nobody made any money.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 11:30:36 am »
We might see some incentives but probably not until the chaos calms down, right now most companies are hoping they can make payroll and that this pandemic doesn't shut down the entire economy.  If you dealer is only up charging 2% for a 36 or 60 Month plan i'd jump on it, I have no idea where he could be possibly be sourcing rates that low as I've never seen it but it's good for you if true

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 11:51:18 am »
Actually Marquis got back to me not long after posting this.  They have 0% for 36 or 60 months at participating dealers.  I haven't contacted my dealer yet though to see what it would do to pricing.

Marquis has that one going on until end of month.  Caldera just postponed there financing special indefinitely.  It was supposed to begin yesterday

Sludge Factory

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 12:50:10 pm »
We might see some incentives but probably not until the chaos calms down, right now most companies are hoping they can make payroll and that this pandemic doesn't shut down the entire economy.  If you dealer is only up charging 2% for a 36 or 60 Month plan i'd jump on it, I have no idea where he could be possibly be sourcing rates that low as I've never seen it but it's good for you if true

Let me rephrase as I wasn't totally clear when rereading my original post.  My dealer at the time I was there only had 15 months 0%.  Now, I have no idea as I have not talked to him yet, if he participates in this 36 or 60 month deal and what he would charge difference.  I did ask him vaguely about if they ever have special longer term financing and if he charged more than the 2% for those.  He said every so often they do and its usually 2% or so. That's not verbatim but close. Now he may not ever participate in those long 0% financing programs, I won't know until talking to him.     So with all that said I have no idea what his upcharge would be for 36 or 60 month zero financing.  I wouldn't think he could do it for only 2% either as you stated.  Sorry for the confusion.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 01:48:35 pm »

Let me rephrase as I wasn't totally clear when rereading my original post.  My dealer at the time I was there only had 15 months 0%.  Now, I have no idea as I have not talked to him yet, if he participates in this 36 or 60 month deal and what he would charge difference.  I did ask him vaguely about if they ever have special longer term financing and if he charged more than the 2% for those.  He said every so often they do and its usually 2% or so. That's not verbatim but close. Now he may not ever participate in those long 0% financing programs, I won't know until talking to him.     So with all that said I have no idea what his upcharge would be for 36 or 60 month zero financing.  I wouldn't think he could do it for only 2% either as you stated.  Sorry for the confusion.

The Marquis plan as it is currently is about 3% more then the standard 15 month plan just so you have a idea

Sludge Factory

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 02:11:28 pm »

The Marquis plan as it is currently is about 3% more then the standard 15 month plan just so you have a idea

So are you saying about a 5% markup possibly?  If they aren't marking it up.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 02:21:23 pm »

So are you saying about a 5% markup possibly?  If they aren't marking it up.

Correct.  Most people have it built into the price already.  Sounds like your dealer has cash and finance prices

swilly1000

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 07:16:53 am »
This is slicing and dicing in the hypothetical each with our own crystal ball.

It's a little like buying a computer, or a big screen TV. 

If you buy before you really need it, you're paying today's prices for a processor or a screen that will be cheaper or bigger tomorrow.

If you wait until after you need it, you're missing out on productivity needed today or you will miss that event that would have looked so much better on your new TV.

If you're buying even a $15K hot tub and the price variability is as much as 3% due to financing you're talking about $450.  Do you really want to get all stalled up breaking down and analyzing a $450 max decision when you're back still hurts and needs that hydrotherapy, or while you continue to let beautiful starry nights slip by that could be enjoyed in the tub?

Maybe, maybe not. 

It speaks to when you need it. If you need it today, you're missing out.  If you need it tomorrow, you can bide your time thinking about it.

Either way, keep in perspective that this decision is about $450-500 max on an item that should last you as much as 20 years.  I guarantee you one thing; you won't be remembering that $450-500 difference in year 10, or even year 3, of that spa purchase.

So let when you need (want) it take a front seat vs small pricing differences in an uncertain world.

Just sayin'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:31:18 am by swilly1000 »

swilly1000

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 07:17:45 am »
This is slicing and dicing in the hypothetical each with our own crystal ball.

Think of it like buying a computer, or a big screen TV. 

If you buy before you really need it, you're paying today's prices for a processor or a screen that will be cheaper or bigger tomorrow.

If you wait until after you need it, you're missing out on productivity needed today or you will miss that event that would have looked so much better on your new TV.

If you're buying even a $15K not tub and the price variability is as much as 3% due to financing you're talking about $450.  Do you really want to get all stalled up breaking down and analyzing a $450 max decision when you're back still hurts and needs that hydrotherapy, or while you continue to let beautiful starry nights slip by that could be enjoyed in the tub? Maybe, maybe not. 

Either way, it speaks to when you need it. If you need today, you're missing out.  If you need it tomorrow, you can bide your time thinking about it.

Either way, keep in perspective that this decision is about $450-500 max on an item that should last you as much as 20 years.  I guarantee you one thing; you won't be remembering that $450-500 difference in year 10, or even year 3, of that spa purchase.

So let when you need (want) it take a front seat vs small pricing differences in an uncertain world.

Just sayin'.

swilly1000

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 07:19:31 am »
This is slicing and fixing in the hypothetical each with our own crystal ball.

Think of it like buying a computer, or a big screen TV. 

If you're buying even a $15K not tub and the price variability is as much as 3% due to financing you're talking about $450.  Do you really want to get all stalled up breaking down and analyzing a $450 max decision when you're back still hurts and needs that hydrotherapy, or while you continue to let beautiful starry nights slip by that could be enjoyed in the tub? Maybe, maybe not. 

Either way, it speaks to when you need it. If you need today, you're missing out.  If you need it tomorrow, you can bide your time thinking about it.

Keep in perspective that this decision is about $450-500 max on an item that should last you as much as 20 years.  I guarantee you one thing; you won't be remembering that $450-500 difference in year 10, or even year 3, of that spa purchase.

Just sayin'.

swilly1000

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 07:36:43 am »
Sorry about the duplicate posts. My trigger finger couldn't tell the difference between the "quote" and "modify" buttons.

Sludge Factory

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 09:35:06 am »
The 0% for 60 is going to be around 15% more my dealer told me.  I didn't really ask any questions beyond that because I don't like financing really anyways.   I know he has given me, what I think are good prices, on the Marquis tubs if paying cash.  11,399 for leftover Epic and 12,800 for a leftover with Microsilk.  Also has one for 11k without MS that is in the showroom with water. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 10:41:07 pm »
Technically, dealer cannot charge fees for financing.  they can build it into the price and discount for cash.  Otherwise they are in violation of agreement with finance company.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 10:41:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42