What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydropool Hot Tub Opinion Please!!  (Read 5087 times)

A Rai

Hydropool Hot Tub Opinion Please!!
« on: March 14, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »
Hi there,

Looking to purchase a new hot tub, after reviewing all the nearby companies I have set my mind on Hydropool. I'm sold on the self-cleaning hot tub, and the fact that there is the thermal insulation so leaks are easier to find they said. They are also made in Canada, about 2 hours away from where I live.

Now aside from all that, I just wanted some unbiased opinions about Hydropool and if anyone has had any experience. I am looking at the 670 in specific.

Thanks!
A Rai!

Hot Tub Forum

Hydropool Hot Tub Opinion Please!!
« on: March 14, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Hydropool Hot Tub Opinion Please!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 05:18:15 pm »
I always stress that you're buying a spa for comfort, relaxation, and therapy.  That should be at the top of the list.  While the items you mentioned might move the needle for you, if the tub doesn't perform to your standards, or is not comfortable to sit in, does that other stuff matter?

This is not a statement / judgment on Hydropool.  I say this about any spa out there.  Don't bury the lede.  Go for comfort and ergonomics, then investigate the dealer, wet test if possible.  Then go down the list and see the ancillary things and how that may be advantageous.

I hope this helps. Good luck moving forward.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 05:20:55 pm »
All tubs are self cleaning in a sense. A Hydropool isn’t going to be any easier or harder to clean or keep water clear. The thermal insulation if done correct can be a good way to insulate a tub but give me a full foam tub any day of the week especially in colder environments. Yes it will be easier to repair a tub not fully insulated but it’s also more likely that you would have too. Another nice thing about full foamed tubs is it helps support all the plumbing lines in the tub. What other options do you have?  Have you tried any of the tubs you are considering out yet? 

swilly1000

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 07:05:06 pm »
IMO the self cleaning is marketing bs. 

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 07:20:08 pm »
Nothing against Hydropool, I've never actually seen on in person.  But that self cleaning thing, is nothing more than marketing and should have zero weight in your decision.  Also not a fan of non-full foamed hot tubs.  Being serviceable is great but keep this in mind.  Perimeter insulation is based on the idea that you keep the heat in and the cold out and unless there is no air transfer, the system is compromised and not as efficient as claimed.  Plus, the unsupported plumbing and the warmer environment the pumps and electronics are in can lead to premature failure.

Now, if the Hydopool meets your needs the most (comfort, therapy, price, etc) then by all means, buy on that basis.  Just don't do so because of the fancy marketing, which in my opinion, is all the points mentioned are.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 10:11:14 pm »
All tubs self clean (marketing BS)

Perimeter insulation relies on pump warmth to create R-Factor, great when the pumps are running, but what about the other 18-20 hours a day when they don't need to run? And why run them bathed in that warmth, they need cooling for longevity. In all my time as a repair guy non full foam tubs are not easier to repair when 90% of all leaks are in the equipment area. For a quality tech, insulation has very little to do with ease of repair. Leaks buried in insulation are very rare.

Hydropool, is it comfortable on your butt and wallet? Is the dealer quality? Sounds like he filled you with some BS already? Is the warranty comparable? What else is in your area to compare with?
Retired

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 04:27:24 pm »
Hydropool insulation...they plastic shrink wrap the spas plumbing then run a layer of reflective bubble wrap around that then also add a layer of the bubble wrap around the walls and floor. Now to get at a leaking jet body you have to cut through each layer and peel it open and repair. Then when finished you have to try and pull each layer back into place and tape it back together as best you can...if you remembered to bring the tape. Only builder I know of that does it this way. Seats are supported by a standing 2x4 with a 2x4 on it's flat on top of that wedged in under the seat. Older Hydropools flex and don't move well. Last one I had go through my fingers counted 9 dripping jets and it was not the first. The bathing area always seems small.  An 84x84 spa but the bather area might only be 78x78 just seems like a lot of wasted space around the edges and corners. Just passing along what I have seen and is JMO

A Rai

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 05:51:22 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys!

So, the other brands I was considering were:

Beachcomber- I found them comfortable but I did not like the idea of having my equipment under the steps outside. They said it is very easy to service and they find it to be efficient. But in my opinion, it's like having your water heater outside your house? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jacuzzi- It is also in my market but I find them to be very expensive. Does anyone know if they are even worth it?

Master Spas- I have read a lot of bad stuff up on Master Spas, and one of my buddies said he had a terrible experience with them in terms of customer service.

The guy at Hydropool told me that the reason their hot tub is the "real" self-cleaning is because they can filter 100% of the water in 15 minutes with the vacuum.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 06:04:17 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys!

So, the other brands I was considering were:

Beachcomber- I found them comfortable but I did not like the idea of having my equipment under the steps outside. They said it is very easy to service and they find it to be efficient. But in my opinion, it's like having your water heater outside your house? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jacuzzi- It is also in my market but I find them to be very expensive. Does anyone know if they are even worth it?

Master Spas- I have read a lot of bad stuff up on Master Spas, and one of my buddies said he had a terrible experience with them in terms of customer service.

The guy at Hydropool told me that the reason their hot tub is the "real" self-cleaning is because they can filter 100% of the water in 15 minutes with the vacuum.

Did you try any of these out? 

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 06:58:28 pm »
If you look at Jacuzzi and like a particular model I would also then have a look at Sundance Spas also owned by Jacuzzi and have many models that are virtually the same and use most of the same equipment but might have a little better price point and service.

What area are you in Ontario?

swilly1000

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 11:48:33 pm »
I have had a Master spa for a year and a half and I love it.  But I'm in the vast minority here as most people don't like them and will not hesitate to trash them.

If your friend's dealer experience was not good, then know mine was and remains very very good.  I'm in Toronto and my Mississauga based dealer also has a location in Kitchener and a new location in Barrie.  If you're close to any of those spots, at least give Master a look.  My dealer is Premium Wholesale.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:50:04 pm by swilly1000 »

swilly1000

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 11:49:21 pm »
I have had a Master spa for a year and a half and I love it.  But I'm in the vast minority here as most people don't like them and will not hesitate to trash them.

If your friend's dealer experience was not good, then know mine was and remains very very good.  I'm in Toronto and my Mississauga based dealer also has a location in Kitchener and a new location in Barrie.  If you're close to any of those spots, at least give Master a look.  My dealer is Premium Wholesale.

Jag8

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 01:26:44 am »
If you have access to Sundance I would check them out, as previously mentioned.   

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 07:01:24 am »

We likely delivered your spa Swilly (Hot Tub Movers)

swilly1000

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 01:02:19 am »
Yes, you did!!  See this pic:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rcAWdL4ad6LhkeUf7
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:13:57 am by swilly1000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 01:02:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42