What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Those with a lounger/adirondack.... question please  (Read 2363 times)

Sludge Factory

Those with a lounger/adirondack.... question please
« on: March 12, 2020, 07:47:03 pm »
I would like the opinions of people that have had their tubs a while because we can't decide for sure on getting one of these or not.  If you have one do you like it or dislike and why and would you do it again?   

One other question I want to throw in....are there any benefits or drawbacks to colors or textures?  We are looking at Marquis and trying to decide between light and dark and one of the light ones feels like a textured surface.  I know lights don't show up as well in darker colors but are there other things we don't know about?  I think I remember reading on here somewhere that light colored ones can show up as green colored water sometimes....did I read that right?  I might not have because my search was about something else and I kind of skipped right over that. 

Thank you all also, you've been so helpful in our search for a tub.  This isn't a small purchase and you help put our minds at ease.

Hot Tub Forum

Those with a lounger/adirondack.... question please
« on: March 12, 2020, 07:47:03 pm »

castletonia

Re: Those with a lounger/adirondack.... question please
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 08:24:09 pm »
Lighter colors generally will show less in terms of water spots and evaporation lines at the water level.  Unless the water is actually green or the lights in the tub are green, it won’t look green.  Textured vs not is a personal preference.  There is no quality or durability difference. 

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 08:39:28 pm »
Loungers take up space and women tend to float and men don't. Unless there is a spot to kinda lock your feet in you can get pushed up out of the seat especially if there are leg/calf jets. A 7 x 7 spa with a lounger if you put one person in the lounger and one person in each corner even though it is advertised as a 6 SEAT spa it will really only sit 3 adults comfortably as the foot well area gets touchy feely on the feet. Sure you can squeeze in 6 (5 girls 1 guy). Without a lounger 4 adults will fit with more comfort with one person in each corner. I always prefer an 8x8 spa without a lounger and open pattern seating even though I am the only person using it. Just like the room to move around. Another thing I experience with a lounger is half me fat belly and chest is often out of the water. 36" spas ok but if you can find one deeper at 38 or even 40" I like them way better for lounger and general use. I have had well over 50 spas of every make and model in my yard over the years. As for interior colour I prefer a darker colour. I find lighter colours are to bright at night with the lights on and I like it more mellow when I am trying to relax. I would look more at the exterior colours that match whatever else you have in the yard. Remember 23 1/2 hours a day you only see the outside. JMO

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 08:49:46 pm »
I had the Marquis Resort until a couple years ago. The Adirondack chair (which is similar to the one found In the Epic) was the favorite seat for both myself and my wife. The tub I have now is a tub with a lounge. I enjoy it but my wife floats in it. Big difference between a traditional lounge found in most spas compared to the Adirondack seat in the Marquis tubs. As far as color pick the one you like. Me personally all the tubs I have ever owned were white interior colors

ratchett

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 09:34:15 pm »
Loungers are typically built for the average height person and average weight - if you're far off from the average or you intend on hosting guests far from the average, they will possibly float out of the lounger.  That's why the general advice is to wet-test a lounger before buying one, and if you cannot wet-test a lounger from that brand, don't buy a tub with a lounger.

Personally I REALLY wanted a lounger because I like lounging recliners, so I wet-tested a spa with a lounger before buying my spa to ensure I didn't float out. 

After my purchase, my wife and I constantly fight over the lounger seat, it's our favorite spot in the spa, also because it has the moto massager jets which we enjoy. I honestly enjoy having the tub to myself when she's not in the mood to soak so I can use the lounger 90% of the time lol.

For my next spa, I fully intend to get a lounger again

Sludge Factory

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 09:40:11 am »
Thank you all.   Man I never thought buying a hot tub would take this much consideration. 

bud16415

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 10:28:15 am »
Our tub has a lounger and it is one of the reasons we bought the tub. We both like it but I seldom get to use it as it is “Her” seat. I’m retired but she works 3 days a week so I often get to use “Her” seat when she’s at work.

Short answer is people ether love them or hate them, and you won’t know till you try some out.

Our tub is a 6 person and it is wonderful for 2 people and great for 3-4. we have had 6 in it and it is still fun but 6 people in a 6 person tub will raise the water level to the top and then some. The nice thing about over-sizing is the water level thing. That’s something I don’t see mentioned much. 

Sludge Factory

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 11:24:59 am »
Our tub has a lounger and it is one of the reasons we bought the tub. We both like it but I seldom get to use it as it is “Her” seat. I’m retired but she works 3 days a week so I often get to use “Her” seat when she’s at work.

Short answer is people ether love them or hate them, and you won’t know till you try some out.

Our tub is a 6 person and it is wonderful for 2 people and great for 3-4. we have had 6 in it and it is still fun but 6 people in a 6 person tub will raise the water level to the top and then some. The nice thing about over-sizing is the water level thing. That’s something I don’t see mentioned much.

Thats a great point about the water level.  I have a feeling to start there will be 4-5 people in our tub and then it will go down to where it is usually just my wife and I and the kids will get in at random times. 

bud16415

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 11:45:21 pm »

Thats a great point about the water level.  I have a feeling to start there will be 4-5 people in our tub and then it will go down to where it is usually just my wife and I and the kids will get in at random times.

We are both tall people and we got a deeper tub. Because we live up north in the winter you want most of your body in the water at least until you get heated thru. The lounger does that and so does the low Captain Kirk seat with the wrist jets. The other corner seat is mid deep and the two in between the corners are a little higher but deep enough most of the year. Then there is what we call the cool down seat and it has a flat top and is the highest and also where we wanted the steps as getting in and out off that seat is best.

We move around in the tub as each seat has jets that get different spots and also different depths for how much heat you want. for the two of us I keep the tub filled to just below the head rests and when we get in the deep seats are perfect. With 4 people that water comes up a few inches more and we have a couple that join us and she is real short and two of the seats are out for her if she wants to sit.

All this is important things you will figure out when you wet test or even dry testing you get an idea where the water level will be. 

I have told others get at least 2 more seats than what you normally will need.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 11:45:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42