What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cost to run electricity to dual zone swim spa?  (Read 1866 times)

brownnugen

Cost to run electricity to dual zone swim spa?
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:34:50 pm »
I need to get my backyard ready for a dual zone swim spa.  I need to get the concrete pad laid out as well as the two 50 amp breakers for the swim part and the spa part.  Looking for ways to do this smartly and hopefully save some money.  Would it be better to run the electricity under the pad (before the concrete is poured) or is it better to not have it under the pad so if there are electrical issues, the wiring would be more easily accessible? 

I know there are other factors to determine the pricing, but assuming a straightforward job, how much do you think this may cost me?

Hot Tub Forum

Cost to run electricity to dual zone swim spa?
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:34:50 pm »

A.O.

Re: Cost to run electricity to dual zone swim spa?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 10:45:08 pm »
Under the pad in plastic conduit, normally wont be a problem in a one piece run, and if you have problems its easy to pull and replace.

cranbiz

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 10:08:43 am »
Either will work. If you run it under the pad, I would make the conduit larger than required, just in case. Add a pull string for future service.

If you are planning on a stub in the concrete to set the spa over, make sure your dimensions are accurate. This is where going external is an advantage as positioning is not as critical.

As for cost, are you capable of running the conduit and wire, mounting the spa panel and such or are you going to have to hire an electrician? DIY  is going to run around $500-$750 or so depending on how far away from the main panel you are, the spa panel or disconnect and then if you need GFCI's in the main panel (if you decide on a disconnect instead of a spa panel) and the size wire needed. If you need cable, the best price on line I found is Nassau National Cable. They beat my local electrical supply house by a lot on wire.

I installed my electric for my spa. The cost was 60' of 6-3 romex for $150, 60A GFCI breaker was $90, disconnect was $15 and about $50 in conduit, clamps and sealtite fittings. I saved a bit because I was also running a dedicated service to my garage and had some large conduit already installed for my main panel that I could run the 6-3 in.

I would imagine that an electrician is going to run you $2000-$3000.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:29:31 am by cranbiz »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 04:06:47 pm »
I would confirm it's dual 50's and not dual 60's....I don't know every brands requirements but I know a lot of them currently run dual 60 amp services so double check.  As far as pricing there is of course a lot of variables like is he pulling wire through a finished basement? do trenches need to be dug? etc etc but like someone said above I would plan for around $2,000-$2,500 or higher if it's a long run, through a basement, etc

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 04:06:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42